Eating your daily calories

Options
While most days this isn't an issue for me, but today I am doing alot of walking (due to work) and have an aerobics class this evening that would put my bonus calories back up to nearly 1200. Do I have to eat them?

I realise this may have been answered alot but I don't have a big appetite at the moment...

Replies

• niamhb
    niamhb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    While most days this isn't an issue for me, but today I am doing alot of walking (due to work) and have an aerobics class this evening that would put my bonus calories back up to nearly 1200. Do I have to eat them?

I realise this may have been answered alot but I don't have a big appetite at the moment...
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'd say one day as an exception is OK. You'll be confusing your body, which is also good. Just try to not make it into a habit, though. Have fun at aerobics tonight :wink: .
  • Natalievh
    Options
    :cry: i have lost centimetres over the past week and was so excited but it seems i am a slow loser. i sticking to a low fat or fat free as far a possible have changed all but one meal. i eat a normal half portion of whatever i prepare for my family for supper. but my calories counting, in fact my math at this MFP sucks. has anyone got a fast working diet eating plan that works
  • saskia
    saskia Posts: 31
    Options
    @ Nataie: No such thing as a fast working diet plan I think. Really, exercise more and eat less is the way forward. To me MFP is a great help, if it doesn't work for you....surely there must be other sites.
  • Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I agree with dew, one day wont hurt and might change things upo but dont make it a habbit you should eat them back :)

Shan
  • Natalievh
    Options
    MFP IS THE GREATES lol guess i just down today, i realised when i took my pics, i keep a diary of what i really looking like, so i take measurements and paste pics in a Weight loss Diary i started when i joined the site. i am grossed out but it will show me the shrinking me as time goes on. thanks for the reality check :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I asked this same question a few days ago, I have an evening step class that my HRM says burns 1200-1400 calories, which would put my net calories up to about 3000! I just don't want that much, so if I am not hungry, I don't eat em. I am going to eat a bit more during the day today, class is tonight, and see how it goes, but not up to 3000 calories. I say listen to your body, if you want them go for it, if not don't. I have this fear I will eat like a piggy all day in anticipation of this class to go in and find it cancelled. Yak!:sad:
  • niamhb
    niamhb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am eating very healthily, and regularly but there dare 2-3 days a week where it says I should be eating an extra 600-800calories...and i just don't get that hungry during the day! If I want a snack I have a minipack of raisins...
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Right now I do not eat all of my exercise cals. I am consistently around 500 cals under each day during the week. On the weekend, I normally do not exercise as much, and relax my diet a bit. So, on the weekend I am usually slightly over my allotted cals. Seems to be working. In the past 24 days, I've lost quite a bit of fat aound the midsection. I don't weigh myself...the mirror and my clothing tell me how I'm doing.