Work Success!!!

Options
Good morning!

Today we had a big stand up meeting with the whole company :smile: which is a usual occurence- and at the end.. to celebrate all the hard work and effert, they layed on the most AMAZING cakes:noway: !! and its only 9.30... neadless to say i helped myself to a chelsea bun!! there is also a very good looking chocolate cookie that has my name on it.:love: . i know they are both FULL of Sat fat and all other naughties.. BUT i know i will be going to the gym tonight to burn the lot off!!! :) so im allowing myself to eat them!! :drinker:

Any one else have this at work? or even loads of birthdays a month = cakes most weeks!!??:sad:

~:heart: Katherine

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Today we had a big stand up meeting with the whole company :smile: which is a usual occurence- and at the end.. to celebrate all the hard work and effert, they layed on the most AMAZING cakes:noway: !! and its only 9.30... neadless to say i helped myself to a chelsea bun!! there is also a very good looking chocolate cookie that has my name on it.:love: . i know they are both FULL of Sat fat and all other naughties.. BUT i know i will be going to the gym tonight to burn the lot off!!! :) so im allowing myself to eat them!! :drinker:

Any one else have this at work? or even loads of birthdays a month = cakes most weeks!!??:sad:

~:heart: Katherine
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    I'm actually really glad I don't have to deal with cakes and goodies at work! I'm the opposite of you - I look at food like that and I think "do I REALLY want to run for 30+ minutes to burn that off...." and then I'll put it down.
  • jdlove
    jdlove Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My office is all about food. It seems that people are bringing goodies daily. It is difficult to resist.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have the sweetest tooth in the world... Its terrible! But i cant resist a fresh bakery cake!! Just too hard :devil:

Tee hee:laugh:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    We had 3 birthdays in one week, mine included. But we got smart --- ONE cake for all three. Saves so many calories. I allowed it -- I dont have cheesecake very often....

....and YES IT WAS GOOD!!!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yes my company always has food. We either have a few birthdays a month since we also celebrate with our "sister department" or there is a valentines bake sale or a chili-dog charity sale or a baby shower...you name it, there is pretty much some kind of food event every week.

I can usually resist, esp. if I don't have cash on me to participate in the bake sales. I just hate how they push the whole CHARITY aspect of the sale.....that's great and I am big on giving to charity, but some of us don't have the cash on hand or the calories available to participate. I should suggest a health food charity sale!

Congrats though in rewarding yourself with the cookie but knowing you have to go to the gym to make up for it.
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    We only have cakes at birthdays in the office, which are pretty wildely spread over the year. However every Friday our company pays for lunch and we order really yummy food from the restaurants. It is always food I like as well, we all seem to have very similar tastes. rcently I started resisting the staff lunches on Fridays when for example they ordered in Indian, or Chinese or Thai which is all fatty stuff.
    It is well tough though munching away on my green salad at my desk when every one else is in the boardroom with an Indian buffet!!!! :sad: