Who else is doing “IF”

Options
Is anyone else out there doing IF? I started 4 weeks ago and am down 14lbs with no exercise...I love it, I do 16:8! What do u do, do u find things that help during ur fasting time, how much weight have u lost, do u have cheat days, etc..?
Also, feel free to add me

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I do this on accident. And it isn't related to IF, I just eat within my calorie target each day and that typically means not eating until like 12pm bc I'm just not hungry.
  • mberry14766
    mberry14766 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wish I wasn’t hungry until 12 everyday lol..I usually get hungry around 9 or so but just chug water to keep the hunger feeling lessened until lunch at 11:30

• Arduinna4
    Arduinna4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm doing for a couple of weeks now. I've done it once before but it only lasted a month cause my schedule changed. I totally love it cause it helps my mindset. I'm doing 16/8 going to the gym fasted and have excellent workouts and trying to keep caloric deficit at least 6 out of 7 days. I also try to sustain IF on the weekends but my first weekend didn't go well cause i went out! Oh well it's a life-long journey!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I do 14:10 most days based on my work schedule. There aren’t any real benefits as long as it’s helping you stick to your calories. If you’re feeling hungry at 9, why not move your eating window up to then or even forego IF altogether?
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I do; it's the way I naturally eat, based on when I get hungry. The fact that it helps me stay within my calorie goal more easily is incidental but convenient. I typically do about an 18:6. I tend not to be hungry before early afternoon. Breakfast makes me unmanageably hungry, when I do eat it.
  • mberry14766
    Options
    [quote="Breakfast makes me unmanageably hungry, when I do eat it.[/quote]

That’s my thing too...if I eat at let’s say 7am (bc of my world schedule) I would feel like I’m dying of hunger by lunch lol...
  • mberry14766
    Options

[quote=" If you’re feeling hungry at 9, why not move your eating window up to then or even forego IF altogether?[/quote]

I’m not stopping IF, I know some people think u should eat when u are hungry and just eat smaller portions and all other kinds of things but I’ve changed my eating habits before and such with not very much luck..with IF I have even had days where I have eaten horribly but still lost weight...I can’t change my eating window bc I would rather be hungry in the morning then before bed, plus I like to have dinner with my family
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here's a group for IF: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I do 14:10 most days based on my work schedule. There aren’t any real benefits as long as it’s helping you stick to your calories. If you’re feeling hungry at 9, why not move your eating window up to then or even forego IF altogether?

This^

If intermittent fasting helps you stick to a calorie deficit that's great. If not, then there is no point really.
  • nadel2016
    nadel2016 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started with 16:8 then 18:6 and the last week I started with OMAD . Started in Jan down 10kg
  • mberry14766
    Options
    Great job...I might go to 18:6 once I can get past being hungry before eating time at 11:30
  • GetFit4Life2018
    GetFit4Life2018 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, is anyone aware of any impact on blood sugars when IF'ing? I've heard varying opinions. My doctor was saying if you wait for long periods, like no eating after dinner til late morning, your glucose levels will likely elevate. Then I read the opposite elsewhere. I thought I would try it to kickstart my metabolism because It's been s-l-o-w and this might help do that. Thoughts?
  • mberry14766
    Options
    Well I’m not sure about all of that but I do know that most things DO NOT work for me but IF has done wonders...I do get that shaky feeling sometimes in the morning but it never lasts long so maybe it does, but I have been doing good losing weight with it and have not excersised at all, all I can say is give it a try and see how it goes for at least a week...just use what works for u and ur schedule...I eat from 11:30am-6:30pm and other than that I drink black coffee or water
  • smoochiepink
    smoochiepink Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i am starting 5:2 today and have dug my fitbit out
  • mberry14766
    Options
    Good luck!! U can do it!!
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I started 16:8 a week ago. I’m going to incorporate ESE( eat stop eat), two 24 hr fast this week.
  • mberry14766
    Options
    Not heard of that...more info please