Loose skin - quite embarassed..

Options
Ok so having put on loads of weight when i was 15 and rolling up and down untill gave birth when i was 19 I've ruined my body alot.

I have a terrible pouch of loose skin and whilst it may not be as bad as some peoples I know it's still quite bad. I am willing to post a picture if anyone wants to see the damage to advise me but didn't wanna just put it on incase it disgusted someone.

Now I know I'll never ever be able to back track and rectify it but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to lessen it a little? It's worse since I've gone back to dieting already and tbh..no one wants a belly they can tuck into there knickers like that, and I'm getting there.

It's the only part of me I'm embarassed about really. I know my boyfriend doesn't mind it but I do, I've proli got a nice little figure under this flab! So now it's scars or loose skin I'm thinking!

I've not much loose skin on my arms/legs nothing alot of hard work can't get rid of anyway, it's just my tummy. Is there anything at all possible that I can do to lessen it even after the damage has been done?

If not I guess I best start saving the pennys.. Thanks!

Replies

• sarahlong09
    Options
    I am wondering as well. I havent lost all my weight yet, but i know i will have a very saggy stomach pouch and I am so worried about it.... but i am more worried about being healthy.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I have it bad, too from gaining a lot of weight when I was younger and then losing very quickly, then pregnancy. It's quite bad, it looks as though I had quadruplets (not exaggerating).
    I've heard all you can really do is toning exercising and pray! haha I also use a vitamin E lotion, hoping it may help a little eventually.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    Other than lose some body fat I don't think there is anything else (that I know of) can be done unless we can have Oprah sponsor our tummy tuck. lol.

I have the same problem. I had a twin pregnancy and I was the healthiest when I was pregnant. I only gained 123 lbs BUT my belly stretched out so much it felt like a cork board. Right after I gave birth, I saw how much excess skin I had. I have no regrets though since I wanted to have kids so bad and I have fertility issues.

When I whine a lot about my excess skin, my husband just lovingly reminds me they were battle wounds: the fulfillment of our dreams were nurtured inside those excess skin. I am use to them now.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have a really big flap. This is my second big attempt at losing weight. The first go 'round I let the flap win - I decided that it looked better filled in (stupid).

I have been wearing spanx type pants while exercising so it is held in place (and doesn't clap he he). and really focused on yoga and core body moves that help me stand taller and stronger. Well it seems to be helping. Last time at this weight it could cover the front of my underwear completely. This time it is much higher and not so threatening to take over the world.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I have had two babies, so I kinda know how you feel. Really, the skin takes time to tighten up, and even then it will never be perfect. When I say it takes time, I mean years. Mine started looking better when my first child was around three, and now my second child is 18 months, and it still bothers me a lot. It has gotten better in the last few months, though. I also was never really heavy, and the only stretching that happened occured during my pregnancies. You should try pilates because it works your abs so well.
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies it's so nice knowing I'm not the only one!

Sometimes it feels that way! Everyone seems to have a flat tummy lately since I started my diet!
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Anyone else got the same or any thoughts/cures or ideas on the matter?