"Tapped" documentary about bottled water...

Is extremely informative and interesting, if you are concerned with environment or interested in our water resources and such, I would check it out! Found it on Netflix and reinforces the idea that using a water bottle is the best way to go.

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I really try to avoid buying bottled water. I bring a water bottle with me almost where ever I go. I can't stand paying for the bottle b/c the water certainly doesn't cost that much!
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    For whatever reason, I can't seem to find a water bottle I like. I have about a dozen of them ... the straw kind, the flip top, the squeeze, the wide mouth ... the only one I like are the bottles (I don't even use the tops). I prefer the 24 oz overall, but I'm trying to be more "green" and cost effective by drinking water from a bottle.

Are their stainless steel ones out there?? I'm gonna have to do a google search. I find that I don't like any of the plastic ones b/c I feel the need to wash them in the dishwasher once a week and in a month they get a nasty aftertaste in them.
  • SharaLynnG
    SharaLynnG Posts: 10 Member
    Yes, it is convenient in some instances, but I only buy it for long car trips. My trusty green walmart sippy bottle is always by my side. Love the huge size of it too!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    For whatever reason, I can't seem to find a water bottle I like.
    Have you tried the Tervis Tumblers? With a lid and a straw, they're great for cold and hot beverages.
  • JDArrant
    JDArrant Posts: 11 Member
    I have been using S/S bottles from Starbucks from about 3 years but recently discovered Kleen Kanteen. I bought some of their 12 oz. bottles for my boys and LOVE them. The boys are 1 and 2.5 so they are already being tested and seem quite durable. Sigg is another brand I've looked into regarding S/S water bottles - haven't owned one of those yet though.
  • For whatever reason, I can't seem to find a water bottle I like. I have about a dozen of them ... the straw kind, the flip top, the squeeze, the wide mouth ... the only one I like are the bottles (I don't even use the tops). I prefer the 24 oz overall, but I'm trying to be more "green" and cost effective by drinking water from a bottle.

Are their stainless steel ones out there?? I'm gonna have to do a google search. I find that I don't like any of the plastic ones b/c I feel the need to wash them in the dishwasher once a week and in a month they get a nasty aftertaste in them.

Oh there are stainless steel ones! I have seen them at target or try amazon! I know what you mean about the after taste hehe