Vanilla greek yogurt

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
Is it supposed to taste like plain greek yogurt with household cleaning agent mixed in it?

I tried Chobani vanilla nonfat, and it's GROSS. I don't think it's gone bad, as it doesn't have that rotten smell/ taste... it just tastes... inedible, not rotten. Like I'm eating liquid plastic or hard rubber.

I never thought I'd say it, but I actually like plain greek yogurt better than THIS! This doesn't taste anything like vanilla non-greek yogurt.

Replies

• homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't like greek yogurt at all, so I'm not the one to ask... Too tart!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love Okios with honey. My fave!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I prefer the 'fruit' ones but vanilla is fine with a little granola in it.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think I'll just add honey to plain next time too!
  • powerthree
    Options
    I have never eaten it without adding 4 black berries mashed up in it. It tastes really good that way... Less sugar than when you get it where they have already added the fruit.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I use Dannon Vanilla no fat Greek Yogurt and it really tasts yummy. Like a lot better than plain. IDK what's up with yours.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    For me, the Chobani brand has a really funky taste to it in general. I eat the Dannon greek or occasionally Fage.
  • GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    yep! I do the dannon (i think it's now Oikos brand still by Dannon though) and i add just a bit of honey.. takes the edge off.

I wasn't a fan of the Chobani brand- but really like the new Dannon/Oikos brand.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Is it supposed to taste like plain greek yogurt with household cleaning agent mixed in it?

I tried Chobani vanilla nonfat, and it's GROSS. I don't think it's gone bad, as it doesn't have that rotten smell/ taste... it just tastes... inedible, not rotten. Like I'm eating liquid plastic or hard rubber.

I never thought I'd say it, but I actually like plain greek yogurt better than THIS! This doesn't taste anything like vanilla non-greek yogurt.

you can limit your ingredients and calories by buying the plain and adding a little vanilla extract to it, for a little sweet add some raspberries. I never buy flavored yogurt anymore (actually I've stopped eating yogurt all together, but that's neither here nor there), if the incredients on my yogurt container is more than "milk" and "live cultures" it's too many ingredients.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I also add Grape Nuts and flax seeds to mine. I like Chobani..but only the pomegranate one.
  • jendra11339
    Options
    I eat Oikos Vanilla Greek Yogurt with granola. You have to stir the yogurt really well or else its gross.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    omg yes! i tried the chobani vanilla once and i thought for sure something was wrong with it. Gross. i couldn't figure out if it was just spoiled or was supposed to taste that bad. since then i have mainly stuck with dannon greek yogurt. but i have recently tried a fruit blend of chobani and it seemed fine.
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Lol, I eat Oikos plain. I hate yogurt but I don't eat meat (unless it's salmon) so I NEED the protein. Since breakfast should be your biggest meal I splurge and mix in low-sugar granola and add berries and flax seed. MUCH easier way to eat something healthy :D
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I just take plain non-fat Greek yogurt and add 1tsp vanilla extract per cup of yogurt along with whatever sweetener. No chemical taste. Never had Chobani. No clue what the deal is.
  • ToniAnn411
    Options
    I eat the Chobani Vanilla, but I add some granola and a little agave to it. it's yummy like that!
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options

you can limit your ingredients and calories by buying the plain and adding a little vanilla extract to it, for a little sweet add some raspberries. I never buy flavored yogurt anymore (actually I've stopped eating yogurt all together, but that's neither here nor there), if the incredients on my yogurt container is more than "milk" and "live cultures" it's too many ingredients.

This is exactly what I do: add a bit of honey and a bit of vanilla extract (or sometimes some blueberries, or strawberries if available). YUM! I have it every morning for breakfast (I also add chia seed to it).
  • meghanspuppy
    Options
    I buy Fage Total 0% and add Splenda to it. I like sweet and the Splenda makes the yogurt taste so much better, for no additional calories. Occasionally, I'll skip the Splenda and add honey to sweeten it. Also very yummy!!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    yep! I do the dannon (i think it's now Oikos brand still by Dannon though) and i add just a bit of honey.. takes the edge off.

I wasn't a fan of the Chobani brand- but really like the new Dannon/Oikos brand.

Same here!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I buy plain Fage 0% yogurt and mix a Crystal Light drink mix packet into it... A full packet is a little strong for me so add half first and see if that is enough... plus it's only 5 calories!!! You can choose whatever flavor you want and switch it up. I had strawberry yesterday and raspberry today. It adds flavor without all the extra sugar. Give it a try! You can use whatever plain flavor brand you like, but I've found Fage to be the best in my opinion.
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Athenos greek yogurt. Fruit on one side 100 calories. Great!