How to track weight lifting?

Options
I don’t love MFP for this and am looking for an alternative. Or do you just get used to it eventually?

Replies

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I use an alternative. Still not found one I like, but I find mfp rubbish for weights

I want the sl 5x5 app but that you can change exercises to suit
  • bhg0688
    bhg0688 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yea they definitely need a rehaul on their weight track section
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    What do you mean track..

Track weight lifted vs reps vs different exercises?
    For this I love jefit, it's really helped me progress...

Or did you mean tracking calories burned?
    For this I have a Samsung watch with the endomondo app... Works great!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I just write down my workouts..

I have the PDFs so I just right out my weights for the day
  • MarkaStone
    MarkaStone Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My Fitbit is the main way I track calories used during lifting and to track the different lifts & weights I use the 5x5 Stronglifts app sync'd to Google Fit and for the lifts that aren't in 5x5 you can use (these were recommended to me a while ago but I forgot who told me)
    Simple Workout Log, Daily Strength or Jefit. I use an Android phone so no idea if they are available on iPhone
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I use the app WorkIt. It's completely customizable and really easy to use.
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was thinking track as in the workout itself - exercises, sets, reps - when I wrote this, but actually both are good questions

Thanks all! That’s really helpful
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I use the fitnotes app on my Android phone.
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Haha i actually just tried the Notes app on my phone today and was surprisingly happy with it. Might be different if I ever decide I want to be able to chart trends, but I think for now that might be what I stay with
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I track the lifts (reps and wts) in a excel worksheet. I make notes while resting between sets and I update the worksheet in my PC once a week. I log exercise minutes per day in MFP, not calories.
  • 2deltacharlie
    2deltacharlie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    FitNotes may not be quite as sophisticated as some of the others (apparently) are but I like the straightforward interface and the lack of advertising.
  • Froggyh
    Froggyh Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm old school; I use a paper notebook. I tend to get impatient with apps if there's not enough space for recording notes or for making modifications. If I forget the notebook then I just make notes in my phone and record them when I get home.