Goodbye Weight Watchers, Hello MFP!

Options
Hello MFP Community!
I recently decided that weight watchers was no longer working for me as a person. I loved how easy it was to just track "points" but hated the fact that I had no idea how much actual food was going into my body. Additionally, even though I was successful with it at one point - losing 30 lbs - I have gained that back and more. Thankfully, i'm looking forward to knowing what I'm eating and being successful.

Replies

• Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I joined WW in September and it is the first time I have been truly successful. When I first started I was using both then I stopped and was only using WW, but I think I need to use both. My love for WW has to do with the accountability. I love meetings. I think for myself WW provides me with the guidance to eat better and the accountability I need as where MFP gives my the tools to know I’m in calorie budget and proper macros.
  • Handenginsoy
    Handenginsoy Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi
  • CBrunoFitness
    CBrunoFitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m also a formal WW user. I a free with you about not knowing the nutrition fact intake and I didn’t like that it didn’t have a water intake feature. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I also had success on WWs...did it 11 years ago, when I turned 40, made lifetime. Then, 9 years later, I rejoined as a meeting member...above goal, so not free. It was expensive, and all the meeting leader did was talk about how we needed more members...I loved the accountability though, of the weekly weigh in. Anyway... again....welcome to MFP...I've had great success here...since January...tracking is easy and the database is soooo my much better than WWs! I find it easier, and these boards are great too. Cheers to your health!
  • Carolannorino
    Carolannorino Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Former WW member as well. I had been struggling to follow the plan for nearly a year with little success. I believe I was eating too much carbs, not enough protein. I'm hoping the breakdown of nutrients will help me eat well balanced. Started seeing a nutritionist who has already made some valuable suggestions; don't skip meals (I know, basic) which I have always had a problem with. Would love to connect here and encourage each other.
  • dunoonite
    dunoonite Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Slimming World did not work for me. I found MFP app and it is great. Please do add me as a friend. I do not know how to add. Let's all encourage each other.
  • tdolphins27
    tdolphins27 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm also a former WW member. Feel free to add me
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck
  • nicolehansen1
    nicolehansen1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP. WW went "Freestyle" and their "Smart Point" changes feel like a shove towards Fish/Fowl and Vegetarianism. I'm a red-meat eater and am well-trained at tracking. I lost 60 pounds with WW and plan to lose another 40 pounds here...
  • namasara
    namasara Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just quit WW because of their Freestyle program. I love connect, but I found myself eating way too many free foods and gaining weight. I'm worried about the quality of my food and like how WW helped me to track that, but I can't pay for something that's only helping me to gain weight, when my goal is a loss.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I do like MFP because it keeps me aware of my eating trends and by weighing my food over time I have been able to teach myself healthy habits.
  • KristinaIrisha21
    KristinaIrisha21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! I left WW yesterday and came here. It was no longer working for me (especially with the FreeStyle). I saw someone wrote on a previous post about actually knowing how many calories we are consuming.

Hope this works for you. I believe I will be much better off here and still be held accountable for my actions. Yes, I will miss the connections but I’m sure we will make plenty here!
  • LindaBLosingIt
    LindaBLosingIt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am leaving WW today. Beyond the Scale and phone coaching helped me lose 85 pounds in 11 months. But, freestyle ruined a good thing for me. I tried for 7 weeks to make it work. But, it’s hard to pay for something that is not working. And it looks like WW has no intention of going back. Feel free to add me as a friend too.
  • KimDDV
    KimDDV Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi. I have just joined MFP.
    I am still a WW member but am struggling with the switch from Beyond the Scale to Freestyle.
    Is there a way to also record your WW points here, bc I wish I could go back to the old WW program. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem like an option (I wish they gave you options on the computer/phone on which program to use) and I don't know how else to find a familiar and quick way to record what I'm eating. I was doing pretty well with the regular smart points.
    People in my WW meeting have spoken about MFP but didn't really give any specifics at WW, you know? ;-)
    Thank you!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just left WW as well - I'm not a fan of the freestyle program (although I was still losing), and started double-tracking (both there and here) - I then realized this has all of the information and support I need. Feel free to add me as a friend as well. I track daily (good and bad) and try to be supportive. I think the "community aspect" of friend support is so helpful as we are on this journey to getting more healthy!
  • TMcSter
    TMcSter Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I saw your post on MFP about WW. I too could use some support on MFP and would like to see others progress as well to help motivate me and so I can encourage those that need some as well.
  • Alimacbean
    Alimacbean Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Same for me with Freestyle. A great maintenance plan, no so much for weight loss... for me anyway. I stopped losing on Freestyle.