weight watchers or ideas to lose weight

Options
the old program or points plus? what works better (faster) i did the old program for a week last year and lost 3.5 pounds. but i kinda never got back on it. college is starting in like 2 weeks and its kinda late to start losing weight but i rather start now than never and im so so serious about it now. i need to lose 30 pounds. itd be nice to lose it in no more than 3 months. any advise?

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I found the old program decent and with the new program it was far too many calories for my small frame and height (I'm 5'0''). I'd advise you just to calorie count and cut the crap, you don't need to join WW or follow their plan when MFP is free (and easier than doing an outdated plan, if you go for the old plan) :)
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    ^ what she said. I lost 26kgs on old plan. Tried new plan for a month. Found they were too generous. Didn't lose a thing. Also didn't like having to relearn everything and pay a lot of money for it!
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    MFP all the way - take control and count those calories! The more you burn, the more you earn!!!!
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    WW was great when I was over 350 lbs and mostly sedentary, but as soon as I started exercising more than 20 mins a day, it was harder for me to lose anything. I lost 100 lbs on the old plan and then plateaued for a year. When i started working with a trainer, he bumped me up to 1800 calories ( was around 245 lbs and eating around 1200, burning about 900 a day). i like WW for sedentary people, and it does teach you about portion control, but i love MFP way more for actually taking responsibility for what i eat and knowing what is in everything.

i also dont get how the new plan works, how can a banana be free when a 100 g banana is 100 calories and full of sugar?> it has to count!
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    MFP - you have more control and it's easier to find foods on here than on the weight watchers websites. That's quite a goal for 3 months time so you should really up the exercise - that will get you losing faster than being uber-restrictive on your calorie/points intake!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Just follow MFP Calorie tracking and drink lots of water also some exercise and in three months you gonna be smiling :-) MFP ROCKS ..............

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    WW is just calorie counting under another name, why pay them money when you can use MFP for free.
  • skiinybitch
    Options
    thank you all for your advise. i will definatly follow mfp :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I think follownig the guidelines here on MFP isn't all that different from the prior WW plan. You have a certain budget of calories and you earn a little extra through activity. There aren't any extra allowance points but not everyone used those anyway...

And like someone else said, the site is free!
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Just follow MFP Calorie tracking and drink lots of water also some exercise and in three months you gonna be smiling :-) MFP ROCKS ..............

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Totally!