Couch to 5k app

Options
Hi all, has anyone got a good recommendation for a good c25k app or download or Spotify playlist? I have been using podrunner.com. i Love it as the music is matched to the speed you should be running, but the music on it really isn't my thing! I also don't have the time or energy to make my own Spotify playlist...

Replies

• tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I don't know any site like this but Thanks alot for sharing. The 183 BPM remix is what I need, been using a metronome at 180 BPM to run and this is way better.
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 403 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I don't know any site like this but Thanks alot for sharing. The 183 BPM remix is what I need, been using a metronome at 180 BPM to run and this is way better.

You're very welcome! Wish I was running at that pace!
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I've only been able to maintain it for five minutes so far, been using a C25K app and practicing it, will be testing that pace for twenty minutes next week. I'll probably have to repeat it, it's tough.

BTW, I looked up some stuff on SoundCloud typing 180 BPM, there's alot of dubstep and techno, found one hip hop by outkast. Hope that helps. No clue what you're into but I hope you find it.
  • Sparx_81
    Options
    Yeah, I tend to fail at week 5.... Every time! I think it's more of a mental stop tbh as I did a 10km a few months back and ran the first 2km non stop! When I'm training I stop at 2 or 3 mins! The music tends to be too slow so I've not found a comfortable place yet! Outkast is good! I've got a bit of an eclectic taste! Bit of pop, mostly indie esp Britpop type stuff, some dance type though not much past 2000 (I got too old to keep up with young music then!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Sparx_81 wrote: »

Fwiw cadence and pace are different things. You could run at 180 steps per minute and cover a 6 min km or a 4 min km.
  • Sparx_81
    Options
    Sparx_81 wrote: »

Fwiw cadence and pace are different things. You could run at 180 steps per minute and cover a 6 min km or a 4 min km.

Thanks!
  • crols
    crols Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree...I looked up music at 180bpm. I'm a very slow runner, but it's no problem running to this music. For me, it helps tremendously.
  • kittykatpainting8
    kittykatpainting8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I find that fast paced music helps motivate me when running
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I use Google Play music and am also too lazy to make a play list. I go out and hit the "I am feeling lucky" button and take what it gives me.
  • vermilionflower
    vermilionflower Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options