Failing

Options
:mad: i am failing miserably......................

Replies

• Starrotts
    Options
    :mad: i am failing miserably......................
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    How is that? By your ticker you have lost 7 pounds and your AV says you started Jan 09. I it Feb 12 so the longest you have been at this is 6 weeks.

7 pounds is fanTAStic!:smooched:

So again, how is it you are failing?

:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    How are you failing? :flowerforyou:
  • csantos1182
    Options
    7 pounds is not failing! you are off to a great start:flowerforyou:
  • Channie
    Options
    You are not failing. Keep on moving forward. If you fall down pick yourself up dust yourself off and KEEP TRUCKENER to the finish line you can do it!!
  • WShope
    WShope Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are failing either. Look at me. Not one pound lost. However, I felt pretty good yesterday so I had my "new" trainer measure me and the measurements are telling a whole different story. I've lost another inch in my stomach, and inch off my arms and and inch off my thighs. So I guess I'm just burning a lot of fat off. Yeah. So I'll take measurements over weight anyday. Not to mention that my clothes are fitting a whole lot differently. And MUSCLE weighs a lot more than fat does so I'm hoping that the weight will start to come off soon.

:flowerforyou:
  • JimWyatt
    Options
    I don't think you are failing! 7 lbs is nothing to be ashamed of. I started my new nutrition plan 5 jan and work out 6 days a week for 30-40 minutes. I have lost 14 lbs but I know I have gained muscle and started to reshape my body!

My advice to you is to look closely at your expectations. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither were our current bodies! It will take time to get to where you want to be. But you have made a decision to do something about your situation. Now you need to be committed to getting back in shape! Once you have made that committment to yourself, you should let nothing get in the way of your success.

Carefully log ALL the food you take in. Make sure you are putting in the right portion sizes. Be honest with yourself. Get yourself moving at least 20 minutes per day with some sort of exercise that gets you breathing hard enough that you can't carry on a regular conversation. SWEAT! Rest on one day per week. Give yourself a cheat day to eat more calories. Cheating is good for your diet because it restores Lectin in your body that helps your brain signal that you are getting enough calories. Don't eat a lot of fat-laden foods and get rid of processed food.

Your nutrition intake is the most critical part of any program that will help you lose weight, get fit, and improve your overall health.

Most importantly, don't give up!!! You are already down 7 lbs! The most healthy weight loss you can have is about a pound a week. That is where your body adjusts itself more readily and will help you keep the weight off in the long run. You are on the right track.

So, where specifically do you think you are "failing?"
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou: happily i didnt give up however i gained back the 7 pounds but started back on it after a few weeks and have lost 7 pounds again am very happy and sticking to the program...havent been able to work out but will start in the next couple days i had some health issues ...looking forward to the next 7 thanks everyone for ur encouragement......:blushing:
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou: happily i didnt give up however i gained back the 7 pounds but started back on it after a few weeks and have lost 7 pounds again am very happy and sticking to the program...havent been able to work out but will start in the next couple days i had some health issues ...looking forward to the next 7 thanks everyone for ur encouragement......:blushing:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing but once you catch yourself its easy to jump back on the saddle you can do it!!!! Were here for you