Thoughts on toning shoes?

brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
edited October 1 in Fitness and Exercise
I personally have New Balance WW850 toning/running shoes. They've done wonders for my butt and thighs. I jog in them as well and they're great for absorbing some shock. My feet and knees no longer hurt when I've been walking around for a while. What are your thoughts on toning shoes? Are they a help, a hindrance, or neither?

Replies

• baileybutton
    baileybutton Posts: 45 Member
    I have Rebok EasyTone's and I can't say that I've noticed much of a difference as far as toning goes. What I can say is that they are the comfiest shoes I've ever stepped foot in - they feel like I'm walking on a cloud! - and I could walk for hours in them.
  • weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    i have the sketchers shape ups, wear them for 1+ hours a day when I walk my dog and they are oh-so comfy!! again not sure on the toning part as i do other stuff as well but there's a walk I do thats 80mins at about 3mph and usually by the time 70mins is up i can really feel my thighs burning. One day I forgot to change out of my gym shoes and went straight into the walk with the dog - the thighs were not burning and it was a lot easier to walk up the hills.....so yeh I guess they do work!
  • jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    I'm wearing a pair of Sketchers! Bought them for the comfort. Man are they nice to walk in - give me "Happy Feet". Can't say that I've noticed any toning going on though.
  • I just got a pair of Easy Tone Reebok's. Not sure why... but I did. They are very comfortable and there I can tell that I'm walking different. I'm interested to see if I notice anything as I use them more.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    They work great in conjunction with the shake-weight...
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    I got 2 different pairs in an approach to be able to walk longer after 2 knee surgeries.

1) MBT sandals: I think they help tone, but they are not comfortable for the feet for all day walking. Though, after 2 knee surgeries, these are the best shoes to walk in (for my knees). I bought the ones that are not completely hideous looking.

2) Fitflops: pretty comfi, but I don't think they tone.

The best shoes for my knees are Merell air sole shoes and Nike shoxx (but that wasn't your question).
This discussion has been closed.