Favorite add in to cottage cheese ?

Options

Replies

• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby:

Yes cucumber and tomato!! I do this with my Greek yogurt! A little Himalayan or truffle salt. Maybe Sicilian if I want it spicy. I’ll even add sautéed zucchini and squash. Savory yogurt/cottage cheese is so good.

• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    HeidiMSM wrote: »
    Old European recipe, just added a little soft butter and chopped canned anchovies, tasty on crackers like Crunchmaster Multigrain crackers.

This sounds like something my Bulgarian friend would eat.
  • JaneQP
    JaneQP Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    cocoa nibs.
  • lipstick_chick2018
    Options
    Doles No Sugar Added Mandarin Oranges. I love cottage cheese for my midmorning snack. 1/2 cup.
  • mlheideman
    mlheideman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Grape tomatoes, pepper & a light drizzle of french dressing.
  • Eastyorkian
    Eastyorkian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds. Sunflower seeds. Shrimp. Walnuts. (Last meal was cottage cheese with shrimp AND walnuts.)
  • Keylimecoconut
    Keylimecoconut Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sliced avocado, halved grape tomatoes, drizzled with balsamic, good crack of black pepper.........sublime:)
  • Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    tomatoes or paprika. If I don't have anything else around, then some ketchup. I can't imagine eating cottage cheese with something sweet on it.

Sometimes if I'm in a hurry and need to eat something, cutting up some veggies and adding cottage cheese works fine: vh2edh24p8ql.jpg
    That's 200 gr cottage cheese, 300 gr tomato + cucumber. ~210 kcal and 20gr of protein, takes 2 minutes.

• Mjones23456
    Mjones23456 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like fresh berries, pears, pineapple and tomatoes with my cottage cheese! (Not all at once!)
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I like my cottage plain with paprika sprinkled on top. Black pepper works too.

I hear doritos is making a wave a 'tasty' additive to cottage cheese. :s
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Fresh berries, usually. I do love it with pineapple the mostest! I've never been brave enough to try it savory.

Oddly enough, I tend to think of savory as the default mode for cottage cheese. I didn't learn to eat it with sweet things until I was an adult!

FYI - cottage cheese is recommended as a substitute for ricotta cheese if you can't find good ricotta in your area. It works wonders in lasagna or mixed into pasta.

I actually use both ricotta and cottage chese in my baked ziti!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    fresh peaches, pineapple, cantalope, applesauce, vanilla yogurt, mixed nuts, granola.
  • lericzon
    lericzon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Chives
  • thesweetpea59
    thesweetpea59 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Generous fresh cracked pepper and avocado. Sooooo satisfying.
  • MaureenZug
    MaureenZug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Savory dip with cottage cheese = Old Bay Seasoning to taste plus carrot and celery sticks.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Raisins then top with a dusting of cinnamon
  • FreedomHartley
    FreedomHartley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna, put mixture on a bed of lettuce and top with chopped fresh tomato. It’s a satisfying meal.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I've been adding a spoonful of crema to my cottage cheese lately. It just makes things richer. I love crema so much <3
  • michellemundi
    michellemundi Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Bowl of sald, topped with sweet chillie sauce, then cottege cheese ontop and sprinkled with crunchy bread crumbs... deeelish <3