Setting MFP to alert me to carbs and sugars

Options
Began my journey with the help my MFP this past weekend. Due to having yet ANOTHER stent placed in my heart. Type 2 diabetic here and I'm using MFP to count my calories and food log. My question is, can I set MFP to alert me to overage of carbs and sugars? If so is this a premium feature or can the free version handle it?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    There's no alert, but you'll see when you eat more than your goal the numbers will turn from green to red.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. Write up your (planned) meals for the day, either first thing in the morning or even the night before. As malibu927 said, the "remaining" numbers will turn from green to red once you go over your goals, but don't wait until you've already eaten up to the max and find yourself with a dinner to plan and no carbs at all to play with.

I started with MFP last year in order to monitor my sugars and starches due to T2, just like you. And I'm succeeding. There are so many ways to figure our numbers and get to better health! Best of luck to you --
  • jolrae46
    jolrae46 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In your settings you can set it to show whichever nutrients you want to see on your diary. I set mine to carbs, sugar, protein, fiber so I can stick to low carb/sugar and then the advice above is good. if you put your planned meals in you can see what you're going to have and can always change it if needed.
  • shantanic2018
    shantanic2018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all so much! Good luck to all y'all and I know we can do it!!!