Cheat foods?

Options
Out of curiosity... what is your big downfall when it comes to food and having to count your calories...?

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hummus...I can make a HUGE bowl of it and then sit and eat the entire thing.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I don't consider anything a "cheat" as I don't think it is healthy to view everything as bad vs. good. For instance, I had a big greasy delicious hamburger this weekend. I went over a little on my calories but not by much because I made room for it in my calorie budget. This is how I don't fall off the wagon and keep on losing.

My biggest food weakness? Sweet potato fries, onion rings, wine, and cheese.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    anything with lots of carbs are a cheat food for me
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    eating all the nut covered raisins out of raisin nut bran....:(
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Sugary food like brownies, cookies, and chocolate (I have quite the sweet tooth) and starchy junkier foods like french fries, sweet potato fries, bread with butter or olive oil, and pizza, but I make sure to allow myself small and controlled amounts of this now so that I don't binge on them later. I also sometimes eat healthier alternatives/versions of these things that I know I will enjoy when I do eat them.
  • lewispolk
    Options
    Chocolate... in any form.
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Anything crunchy and salty! And potatoes! Therefore french fries, sweetpotato fries, potato chips I could just eat and eat and eat.
  • Bijee
    Bijee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    baked goods and bread are it for me. like fresh baked good not that out the package stuff. :embarassed:
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it a "cheat", but my downfall is butter. I still eat it though, there are a few treats that I refuse to deprive myself of and that is one of them ... but I always make sure to count the calories :)
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    sweet baked goods... and there's an awesome bakery in our little town. I generally budget for something once a week, but a bad day can get pretty ugly. I've started biking or walking there, though, so that helps some :)
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Sugary food like brownies, cookies, and chocolate (I have quite the sweet tooth) and starchy junkier foods like french fries, sweet potato fries, bread with butter or olive oil, and pizza, but I make sure to allow myself small and controlled amounts of this now so that I don't binge on them later. I also sometimes eat healthier alternatives/versions of these things that I know I will enjoy when I do eat them.

Um, this exactly!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, ice cream and tater tots... three of the things I have a REALLY hard time resisting... :/ I can usually squeeze them in if I just can't stand it anymore, though. lol
  • fancy155
    Options
    having discipline or the struggle of it. Plus i have a sweet tooth and am a snacker so these are my challenges! The other is dining out and counting calories. very hard so i've been working out extra to give me more extra burned calories in case i dine out and go over my set caloric intake!
  • fancy155
    Options
    having discipline or the struggle of it. Plus i have a sweet tooth and am a snacker so these are my challenges! The other is dining out and counting calories. very hard so i've been working out extra to give me more extra burned calories in case i dine out and go over my set caloric intake!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Jujubes since it's impossible to have just 6 for 140 cals. It's easy to eat 900 cals in one sitting and I've never been overweight. Num num num!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a 'cheat' food. Log EVERYTHING and plan for ANYTHING you want. That's the only wauy I can be successful, nothing can be off limits or good or bad. Everything is a choice and 'Everything is permissable, but not everything is beneficial!"
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Cheese, Pepsi and chips. I still allow cheese into my diet but eating the reduced fat kind or the fat free, I eat the baked kind of chips, but I have given up Pepsi and other regular sodas. I know it is not realistic to give up our favorite things for long bc it is better to have occasionally than telling ourselves we cannot have it and then binge on it later. Moderation is key in the lifestyle change game so make allowances for the things you like.