In need of help and motivation

Options
Soon to be 64 years old and need to lose a lot of weight. My mini goal is to get to 200. I have tried so many times and not much luck. Hoping to make some friends in the same boat I am. Please add me as a friend.

Replies

• Jejurah
    Jejurah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning... in a similar boat but somethings finally working. Used this app for several years and find it holds me accountable and thinking ahead to what I eat. Just 2 months ago something started working better and lost 16 lbs! Your post seemed similar hopeful and hard when I started. My kids use the app which also helps keep me good although they don't use it as seriously as me. I'm 55 and found health injury issues abounding. Need to get back on life track with nearly 100 lbs to lose. Thinking of you this morning. One decision at a time... don't get down on yourself when you fall... do just keep trying until little steps help and try to keep them up. Have a wonderful day!
  • Jejurah
    Jejurah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    And... if I can help let me know!
  • jbonn2016
    jbonn2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m trying very hard to lose weight. Looking for more MFP friends for more help and motivation. Maybe we can help each other. I added you!
  • jaspreetkm
    jaspreetkm Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 5 lbs more but I keep getting weak moments where I end up eating more than my assigned calories but I start afresh next day. I completely agree with Jejurah, don't let yourself fail if you fall weak, start next day as if it is your first day in your weight loss journey.
    Drink lots of water which really keep bad cravings away(atleast for me) and All the best!! :smile:
    Another thing that works well for me is eating cheat meals which I do on weekends! Cheat meals really help me going in long run. I love my weekend brunch of paranthas(Potato stuffed flat bread) with whipped butter..yum yum!!
  • atomicgiiraffe
    atomicgiiraffe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looking for a workout buddy to stay motivated and get fit!