Restaurant

Options
nene4233
nene4233 Posts: 12 Member
How do you find calorie intake when going out for food? Are there ways to look it up on the app?

Replies

• Froggyh
    Froggyh Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Some restaurants have their calorie counts listed online and/or on the menu itself. In Ontario, for instance, all chains with more than a certain number of locations have to make their calorie info available on the menu.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to ballpark it. I'm going to a local bar tonight and I just have to eyeball the greens and grilled chicken on my salad. Most of the time you can find something similar in the database.

You won't be able to have 100% accuracy all of the time, because a cook can be heavy handed with ingredients.
  • Larryfahn
    Larryfahn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use the "lose it" app and 95% of chain restaurant food is on there. Local restaurants I try to eat very little and overestimate.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    If it's a chain, they should have their info on-line and most would be found in the database as well.

I very rarely eat at a chain as I like to support local, and frankly the food quality is better at most local restaurants...I just guestimate based on something similar or the same from another restaurant.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I choose the closest alternative in the database or I quick add 1000 cals for the main.