Coconut oil, how do you use it?

Options
2»

Replies

• pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I really would love to try coconut oil, but for every good thing I'm hearing about it I also read that it is bad for you (high in saturated fat maybe?). I know everything in moderation, but I just want to know anyones opinion who has heard negative things as well.

Saturated fats are not bad for you. However, even many who still believe that saturated fats are bad for you will agree that coconut oil is good for you because it contains medium-chain fatty acids.

I eat a ton of it.

I especially use it for omelettes.

Never tried it for sex, but might give that a shot (it does smell nice)
  • samulli
    samulli Posts: 8
    Options

Saturated fats are not bad for you. However, even many who still believe that saturated fats are bad for you will agree that coconut oil is good for you because it contains medium-chain fatty acids.

Sweet. I'm just new to the weight loss/natural food scene and I'm fearful of being "tricked" like that.
  • 7destiny
    7destiny Posts: 31
    Options
    Dr. Perricone recommends using a spoonful in smoothies to aid weight loss. I like it best on sweet potatoes instead of butter.
  • bethy0316
    Options
    I have learned so much reading this ... I think I am gonna head to the store now and get some Coconut Oil, a few bottles. :blushing:
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I add 2-4 tbsp of PURE Virgin Coconut Oil into my Shakeology as a part of my meal replacement shake. It makes your hair very soft.

Here is my blog about the benefits of Coconut Oil:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/pammyedmunds