Red Lobster

Options
We are going out on Friday for a co-worker's birthday and the place she chose is Red Lobster. I have a pretty good idea of what I am going to get for a healthier lunch, but was looking for some opinions. Can anyone look on their website menu and suggest some things for me? Keep in mind that I DO NOT eat salad. I wish I did, I have tried it many times, just can't force myself to like it. That being said, I love lots of other veggies. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    Check out their Lighthouse menu.

http://www.redlobster.com/menus/lighthouse/
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Just watch out for those cheddar biscuits. Maybe ask the waiter not to bring them or to only bring enough for everyone else to eat. I can eat a ton of those and have no willpower to stop.
  • gettingthin03
    Options
    Skip the bread!!!

Go for the grilled salmon, catfish, or tiaplia. No sauce. Get the seasoned rice and steamed veggies. Even better, get double steamed veggies. The grilled shrimp is also good.
  • mountainflower4
    mountainflower4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i would definitely go for light fish.... baked or grilled tilapia with rice.... and yes, agree that the bread is too tempting... skip that definitely!
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The bread isn't going to be a problem. The last few times I have gone over the past years, the ones around my area anyway, the bread has been pretty crappy. I was thinking about the blackened catfish or shrimp. Definitely going to stay away from fried. Anything fried does not agree with my stomach right now. And of course my broccoli. Love some broccoli!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    YOU, my dear, are a broccoli ADDICT! :laugh:

The parmesean crusted tilapia looks good, not horrible in cals or sodium!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Soup instead of salad but not the creamy one. Any grilled fish 1/2 baked potato, no sour cream and veggies. One of there bread things and order water with lemon. No dessert. They have a light house menu with light options. I'm sure you will be fine. Enjoy.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I know I know! My name is Sarah, and I am addicted to broccoli ;-) I gave it up this week though. So Friday will be a nice treat ;-)
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The wood grilled shrimp is really yummy and low in calories. It is my favorite thing to eat there. Enjoy!!
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Broccoli is a good thing to be addicted to. :)

Sounds like everyone has good advice on this. You are doing great!
  • jk051861
    jk051861 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    grilled shrimp with seasoned veggies