NET Calories

Options
quick question my calories remaining says... food 931, exercise 735 and =Net 196..what does this all mean...my goal is 1470..(I still havent had dinner)

Replies

• lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    It means you can eat a lot more. It means you should eat at least 1004 more calories, but you would still be under your goal for the day by 270
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Net calories are the calories you have ACTUALLY consumed after excercising.
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Another thing i should have added, am i eaten my exercises calories back?
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    You exercise so you get more calories, not so you can make a greater deficit...
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    you really should net at LEAST 1200 every day, preferably closer to what your goal is (1470), so eat 1004-1274 calories more today before bed. Just get your diary as close to 0 as possible, the math is done for you. Eat everything you have left to eat INCLUDING those added exercise calories.

I must add:
    this does not mean go to Burger King. Try to get those calories from a healthy nutritious source. Cook your dinner with olive oil, then have a peanut butter on whole grain toast sandwich for a snack before bed. That oughta do it.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I recently set my caloric goal to 1200 calories a day...that way there is no guessing about how many calories to not eat back. :)
  • michis05
    Options
    you really should net at LEAST 1200 every day, preferably closer to what your goal is (1470), so eat 1004-1274 calories more today before bed. Just get your diary as close to 0 as possible, the math is done for you. Eat everything you have left to eat INCLUDING those added exercise calories.

I must add:
    this does not mean go to Burger King. Try to get those calories from a healthy nutritious source. Cook your dinner with olive oil, then have a peanut butter on whole grain toast sandwich for a snack before bed. That oughta do it.

ok i think i understand it better..thanks!! im basically eating some of the calories burned..either way i will make sure i dont let it go below 1200..thanks
  • michis05
    Options
    I recently set my caloric goal to 1200 calories a day...that way there is no guessing about how many calories to not eat back. :)

thats a good idea too..thanks!!
  • michis05
    Options
    You need a net to get the rest. I think it means they are in your toilet tank, maybe in your pond, stream, creek, or crick, if applicable.

your silly!
  • JCPruitt
    JCPruitt Posts: 53
    Options
    If your goal is 1470,work to achieve that. If you want to eat the exercise calories back, you can. If not, you will lose faster.

Due to my gastric bypass, I have difficulty eating 1200Kcals a day--my goal. In order to do that, I end up having to have desert EVERY night. I actually don't like that. Today I am struggling to make 1000--or it feels that way. I don't try to eat the extra cals back, and I don't sweat it. I may use some, but the other day I was still 100 under, and struggled to get there.

This is all based on you basal metabolic rate. Your BMR is the amount of energy you expend at rest. Once that is determined, the system looks at your weight and figures how many calories it takes to lose up to 2 lbs per week given your BMR. The least it will auto generate is 1200. the total goal is based on how much you wish to lose. Add exercise and you get more calories to play with.
  • michis05
    Options
    You need a net to get the rest. I think it means they are in your toilet tank, maybe in your pond, stream, creek, or crick, if applicable.

your silly!

No, like fish right? I thought this website was all about pescatarian-ism.... dude I have really messed up....

its ok....we can fix it
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    bump