Can’t lose any more weight

Options
I started eating healthy/counting calories/working out on jan 2nd. The first 2 weeks I lost 4 lbs, the next 2 weeks I lost 4 more lbs and now 5 more weeks have gone by and I can’t lose any more weight, some weeks I’m actually up a couple lbs....what is going on??

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your at a deficit ? Are you using a food scale? Are you accurately weighing and logging?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    To add^^^ do you pick the right entries from the database?
  • amberlevy
    amberlevy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not weighing food but I think a good change to make would be to measure 1 cup of grapes instead of just guessing/estimating. Not sure if I’m picking the right entries, sometimes it hard to know which to pick?
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Eyeballing doesn't work. Get a digital food scale (Walmart/Cdn Tire/Kitchen Stuff Plus all have them for around 20 bucks). Weigh all your solids, use measuring cups for your liquids. Look for database items that have gram measurements (I look for the USDA ones, they tend to be most accurate). It takes a bit of effort, and you need to be patient.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Eyeballing doesn't work. Get a digital food scale (Walmart/Cdn Tire/Kitchen Stuff Plus all have them for around 20 bucks). Weigh all your solids, use measuring cups for your liquids. Look for database items that have gram measurements (I look for the USDA ones, they tend to be most accurate). It takes a bit of effort, and you need to be patient.

Great thread on why you should use a food scale: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options
    All the above...it's also possible you are transitioning from losing water weight to fat weight...It will come off...just keep eating healthy (measure your food...) and burn calories and you will lose weight. Also you are going to hit plateaus from time to time....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Height, weight, gender, age... How many Lbs a week did you tell MFP you wanted to lose a week?