Bad break up... that old one.

Soooo... Hey! I’m James, 24, from Birmingham England.

So I’ve always been a bit curvy and always loved my body! Got into a relationship and it was perfect too start with, always complimenting my body, telling me how perfect I am.

Buuuuut then... it started to go down hill, he started complimenting other people’s bodies, lost interest in mine, and then surprise surprise he cheated! But the biggest shock was he told me it was because he always found my body really unattractive the whole way through.

Big kick in the teeth, and for once I found myself hating how I look... But in a big twist instead of sitting there tucking into a massive tub of ice cream (Cliché) I decided to take control, and get myself back to me... just a healthier thinner more toned version haha.

So thanks for reading and any tips or pointers or words of encouragement on how to tone up quickly let me know!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    There are so many fish in the sea, his loss. Get to work now!
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Oh honey, I'm so sorry this happened. It's happened to most of us at some point in our lives. Breaking up is usually difficult. Just know that your young and have plenty of time to find a better life partner. Like she's said above- there's plenty of fish in the sea!
    Just because he didn't like you doesn't mean others will feel the same way. It might be tough for a while but you can get through this and move on.
  • sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    if you're happy with you, and you're healthy... move on.
    good luck with whatever you end up doing though
  • sashayav2018
    sashayav2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Take control but don’t do it out of negativity. If you have the mindset of revenge, it will be only temporary.
    Have the end goal in mind- you want to be healthy and someone YOU can be happy with.

Mind before body- remember that. Never have negativity be the motivation for a change in your lifestyle. It will never leave you satisfied.
    I speak from personal experience.

Work hard and surround yourself with positivity. Keep a journal for your mental health, always talk to someone if you have any problems. Have a buddy at the gym and through your diet.

I’m on the keto diet right now and it’s supposed to burn off fat real quickly so you might wanna check it out to help with your progress! Good luck!
  • KeThur_18
    KeThur_18 Posts: 59 Member
    Good for you keep going if you need a friend I'll try to.help.... good luck