Pictures

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
I hate the way I look in pictures. What I see in the mirror is NOT what comes out in photographs. Just like the other night, I got ready and we went to see my son play at a bar. Well before we left I thought I looked okay, but they just sent me some pictures that were taken there and I look TERRIBLE!!! When is that going to change? When will my face not look like there are 2 of me???? So disgusting!!!!!:explode: :explode: :explode: :mad: :mad: :mad: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    Options
    I hate the way I look in pictures. What I see in the mirror is NOT what comes out in photographs. Just like the other night, I got ready and we went to see my son play at a bar. Well before we left I thought I looked okay, but they just sent me some pictures that were taken there and I look TERRIBLE!!! When is that going to change? When will my face not look like there are 2 of me???? So disgusting!!!!!:explode: :explode: :explode: :mad: :mad: :mad: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Memaw
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    1. You don't look disgusting in your pictures...I checked out your profile to be sure! You are a beautiful woman, and I definitely don't see two of you. You look fine!

2. I had to lose 60 pounds before I saw any difference in my face. One thing I did in my weight loss journey is to get in the same outfit every month and take a picture (they're all in my profile if you want to see)...month to month I couldn't see much progress, but now that I am several months in, looking back at where I was to where I am now is shocking...try it...it is so motivational...even if you can't see the changes day to day...you will see them over time...

3. Don't be so hard on yourself...we are all going to struggle as we go through this process, but you know you are doing the right thing, getting healthier! So keep up the great work!

:flowerforyou:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I do not allow any pictures taken of me at all.. They make me cry.. I feel the same about seeing what I see in the mirror vrs what I see in the pictures. However I am here to fix that!! One of our first plans (husband and I) is to go get a picture of us made. He really wants that and has asked a couple of times.. I told him when I lose 50lbs its a deal...

We can do this.... Thanks to this site and the wonderful people here...

Anita
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Gee I thought it was only me that saw a pretty nice looking woman in the mirror and a chunky mess in pictures!
  • memaw66
    Options
    1. You don't look disgusting in your pictures...I checked out your profile to be sure! You are a beautiful woman, and I definitely don't see two of you. You look fine!

:flowerforyou:
    I'll have to post the pictures from the other night so you can see what I am talking about! Gross!

But thanks for the encouraging words and BTW you look MARVELOUS!!!! I am very proud of you!!!

Memaw
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    I understand. You feel what you feel. We've all been there. Sometimes, it's tough to look at our pics.

We are what we focus on. Focus on what you want not what you don't want. :happy:

:heart: Love yourself no matter what. :heart: Do not postpone your happiness, love for youreself till you're a certain weight. Love yourself now. Don't hate yourself. :heart: Love yourself no matter what.:heart:
  • wannabeflaca
    Options
    Don't fret! You will see a difference, trust me! You will start seeing a difference when you lose 10% of your body weight. In addition to seeing a difference, you will feel the difference. Pain on your back, knees, and feet will slowly start to dissipate.
    Don't give up! I feel your pain! I want to see a difference too but I know this will take time. Focus every single day on your calorie input and expenditure and you will see a difference! Set yourself a goal to lose an average of 1-3 lbs per week and 10% of your body weight. You can do this! We are all here for you! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

One of the other posts suggest that you put before and after pictures. That is what I am doing! My next picture will be when I lose 10%. This is another motivating factor. You can do this!
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Okay - you know you have enemies that are kinder to you than you are to yourself, right?

Deep breath...here's the reality. You will probably NEVER like your photograph. Ever.

It was a photograph of me that made me snap and gives me motivation to get into shape. Use that photograph to help you.

But you really need to stop talking about yourself that way. Eventually, women begin to believe their own rhetoric. Sit down and write yourself a letter - examine your good points and discuss your goals.

No one is as bad as you wrote. Give yourself a break. You can do this and you will be successful.

big hug!:bigsmile:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel - Pictures are my enemy! I dressed up in this really nice satin/sheer shirt for Christmas, it was such a beautiful shirt. I thought i looked good. I got some pics back and I look like the satin piece is a spare tire around my belly. Seriously. I know they say that the camera adds 10 pounds, which brings me to ask 'how many camera's were on me!?' So you are not alone, I think we all just hate pictures of ourselves and are super critical. I It will get better for both of us, I know it will! 12 lbs lost for me thus far and my husband has noticed a difference in my face! The rest will come! We can do this together!
  • memaw66
    Options
    I just want those 3 chins to go away. I would like to have a decent side profile!! I'm tired of looking like the film caught 2 people at once. And I want my front view to not look like a dork. I know I also want instant results and that's not happening. I will just stay away from the camera for a while and give it a shot in another month or so. But what really scares me is if that's what I see what do other people see? Do they see what I see in the mirror or do they see what I see in the pictures? I certainly hope it's what I see in the mirror and NOT the pictures. I have a picture on my desk of what I WANT to look like again and hopefully that will keep me motivated.

Memaw
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    The good people see what is in your heart. They love you for you and not how you look
  • mburris
    Options
    I know how you feel. I just saw some proofs from a family wedding my who famile was in. I looked horrible. My face had lines and I was so fat. I just want to have 1 nice picture. I used to be so pretty.:frown:
  • memaw66
    Options
    I used to be so pretty.:frown:
    If that's you in the picture, you are STILL pretty, BEAUTIFUL in fact!!!