Any foods you don’t log?

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I don't log any.....any more LOL
    But when I was logging, every single thing I ate got logged.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    If I'm feeling a bit gnoshy at the end of the day, I'll eat a dill pickle and not log it. It's about 20 calories for the whole thing and the mental benefit of not logging it overcomes the worry about caloric inaccuracy. I also don't log hot tea for the same reason. Everything else gets logged though :)
  • Wen2Run
    Wen2Run Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't bother logging most salad items. Lettuce, cucumber, spring onions etc. Because I know that if my weight loss stops or I'm gaining weight it is not because of the salad.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I log veggies but I don't measure them unless they're something calorie-dense like avocado or potato...
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    If I'm having normal coffee I won't log the actual coffee, but I will log my creamer. I also don't log spices unless I'm using them in the recipe builder - they're usually added then. Anything with pretty much 5 or less calories I don't log, unless I know I've consumed of < 5 cal items that day as they can add up!
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea, water, and iceberg lettuce.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Green veggies
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I'm usually logging almost everything, including vitamins (more as a personal overview). What I don't log:
    • Coffee. I drink it black, non-caloric sweetener. If I get a very short macchiato, I'll let it slide since the calories in that amount of milk are negligible.
    • Tea, water and the very rare indulgence of a Coke 0;
    • Gum (yes, yes it does have calories).

With salads however, I just completely estimate, or choose something equivalent (eg. if I have a 2 cup mix of rucola and spinach, I'll just log 2 cups of either). Whatever else is „mixed green salad”.
  • alipaul1209
    alipaul1209 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I log my whole salad, but I have the "base" saved as a meal, so I can just log it as one and then add any additions.

The meal is my usual salad: romaine, spinach, chia seeds, carrot, feta, chicken, and my go to dressing which I keep a bottle of at home and work. Then if I change something or add something I log that.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I've tried logging spices, but they are hit and miss if they even register calories, so I'm not logging them. I'm pretty sure there are other places I could tighten up on if I need to start worrying about the small amount of calories per serving I put in my food. Sometimes I'll log my salt to track my sodium, but I forget a lot. I don't log gum either. I figure I probably use the 5 calories a piece to chew it, so it cancels itself out, lol. I don't always remember to log oil either unless I upload it in a recipe. But I do try to choose marinated or stir-fried to account for the oil per portion. I log most everything else though.
  • charlottemccullough7244
    Options
    I really like the idea of having that “base” salad saved as a meal and just log any extras. Good idea!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't log seasonings, spices...I do log things like celery and lettuce, but that's because I track my fiber, and those things all add up significantly. :)
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I don't measure my hot sauce but do log an approximate. I don't log my gummy multivitamins, but know I probably should. I have so much to lose that if 40 calories stand between me and losing, I'm not doing this right. I don't log individual spices but if I use like taco seasoning mix, that gets measured and logged.

I don't log diet sodas and don't weigh spinach or lettuce, but estimate and log.
    Some pre-packaged foods don't get weighed, like my protein shakes and steamable bags of broccoli, but it all does get logged.

Everything else gets weighed and logged.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't log black coffee.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I log most vegetables but don't necessarily weigh them all--like lettuce and cucumber. I just approximate and throw in a few calories for them.

I don't log vitamins or the splash of orange juice I add to my magnesium powder. I figure total it's about 45 cal, so I'm not that worried.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    As I was logging every blessed ingredient in my salad, I was almost to a point where I didn’t want to log some of them...lettuce and tomato, namely. My mind was saying, the calories are so low that it saves a step. Then I realized certain nutrients wouldn’t be counted.

Are there any foods you sometimes don’t log just for efficiency’s sake? Do you find that it might be a slippery slope to not logging more and more?

When I logged I just made a generic garden salad recipe in the recipe builder and used that...it worked well enough.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    If it's the end of the day and I have a couple hundred calories left, I won't log if I have a few chips or a handful of grapes. I know it's not going to put me over for the day, so I don't bother. I don't log small amounts of lettuce (on sandwiches, in wraps).. for the most part I try to log everything else.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day. I log veggies, but I do not measure or weigh them. If I eat a banana I log it. If I eat an apple I do not weigh it unless I cut it. I do not log my almond milk or the creamer that I put in my coffee every day, but I pretty much know how much I am using.I don't log salad dressing either, but again I use very little and when I weigh it I end up using more than I would use if I just eyeball it.
    At this point I am pretty sure of what I eat and how it affects my weight. I guestimate I may eat about 100-150 calories that I do not log.
  • SMKing75
    SMKing75 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    No condiments , even mayo, because IF I use any, its barely an 1/8 of a teaspoon or less. I don't always accurately log vegetables. No spices or marinades. No vitamins or pills. No olive oil or cooking spray. I have managed to lose 100 lbs. Not too concerned about these things.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Most spices get skipped unless in the recipe-builder (more for my convenience later on!), as does black coffee and most diet fizzy drinks.