HELP! I WANT COOKIES!

Options
I don't know what is going through my head today... I had egg whites, a bagel thin and strawberries for breakfast, organic salad and a cutie for lunch, 5 cups of water, and ALL I WANT ARE COOKIES! Any suggestions for a substitute to curb this craving?

Replies

• cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    if it were me and my calories allowed it, i would treat myself to a cookie!
    BUT only if that dosen't lead to more-than-one cookie....
  • KUrness
    KUrness Posts: 3
    Options
    Try the FiberOne Brownies.... they do a great job at giving you that sweet chocolate fix and are only 90cal :)
  • gingerninja22
    gingerninja22 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yeah i agree with cabul3, treat yourself, sounds like you've been really healthy for the rest of the day. but just the one!
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Personally, when I have an insane craving like that, I go ahead and have one! I think you should too!! You earned it look how awesome youve already eaten today!!!

I have the biggest craving for baked goods in general. The gas station by my house sells cookies and brownies. They sell a brownie for $1.29 I could make a whole pan for that much, but Id probably eat the whole pan. So if I am having a good eating day, I will go to the gas station and buy one. One usually chills my craving. Maybe itll work for you?

Just have one (or two!) and enjoy you earned it!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Animal Crackers!!!

They are actually pretty decent calorie/fat wise
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a cookie right now. If you want it, eat it. You'll go crazy if you don't treat yourself every once in a while!
  • zolena123
    Options
    Whenever I have this craving I make vegan cookies whith whole wheat flour instead of all purpose and I use an all natural sweetner (not aspratame) instead of regular sugar, and I usually some nuts, seeds, and dried fruits in it to make it healthier. Hope this helps :)
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    have a dang cookie lol...if you keep denying yourself when you finally have sweets you will binge eat...so yeah have a dang cookie lol...
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Try the FiberOne Brownies.... they do a great job at giving you that sweet chocolate fix and are only 90cal :)

HAHAHA I shop at the commisary and these are NEVER in stock. They are good though =] Everyone in my town must be on a diet!

Oh and try the chocolate vitatops you can find them in the freezer section. It looks like a big round cookie, packs a yummy chocolate taste and its only 100 calories!
  • sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    skinny cow products have awesome little snacks, etc??
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    have a dang cookie lol...if you keep denying yourself when you finally have sweets you will binge eat...so yeah have a dang cookie lol...

Agree.
  • charliebird
    charliebird Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is if you really want one - have one! But just one! Savour it - enjoy it and then move on! My experience is that if I really want it then it doesn't matter what I have it he craving will still be lurking.

Its all about moderation! Not denial!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    There is also a recipe floating around for banana chocolate chip cookies that are yummy and low-cal. We made a batch last week and they were easy to make and good.
    I'm operate under the premise that you can work treats into your diet, especially if you make the treats yourself.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I did 90 min at the gym this morning and I'm at a net of -27 calories today. I know one cookie won't do any damage, but I've already had SO much sugar today from fruit! I'm almost over my limit for the day. Ugh!
  • epj62993
    epj62993 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com had some really "healthy" cookies you can make =)
  • tnmomof4
    tnmomof4 Posts: 33
    Options
    This recipie helps me. I got it from someone's post.
    2tbsp peanut butter
    2tbsp cocoa powder
    2tbsp brown sugar
    1 instant oatmeal pack (or 1/2c oatmeal)
    blend together then slowly add water until it all just sticks together. Divide into quarters and roll each quarter into a ball. Refrigerate. 2 balls =210 calories

OR TRY THIS:

1 12.35 oz box Pillsbury Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix (dry powder)
    1 1/3 C Libby's Pure Pumpkin
    1 T. Better'n Peanut Butter- Low sodium

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin with the brownie mix in a large bowl; stir until smooth (do not add anything else). Spray a small baking pan (8" X 8" work best - no larger!) with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Spoon 1 tbsp. of Better 'n Peanut Butter (room temperature) on top and use a knife to swirl peanut butter around. Cook for approximately 35 minutes. The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it should look undercooked. Remove from oven. Cover with aluminum foil and let cool in fridge for a couple of hours. Cut into 24 squares and serve.

Yield 24:
    Per square:
    82 cals
    13 g carbs
    1 g fat
    1 g protein
    0 g sugar
    4.5 g sugar alcohol
    45 mg sodium
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I did 90 min at the gym this morning and I'm at a net of -27 calories today. I know one cookie won't do any damage, but I've already had SO much sugar today from fruit! I'm almost over my limit for the day. Ugh!

well, since you NEED to eat at LEAST 1227 more today I say have a few cookies.
    you do know -27 is pretty much killing yourself right? You NEED to net BARE MINIMUM 1200.
    Preferably more because even 1200 is pretty low.

Go check your BMR on the calculator and make sure you net that each day. That is what your body NEEDS just to beat your heart, expand your lungs, reproduce cells, etc.
    ending the day at a negative net is giving your body LESS THAN ZERO calories to perform those basic functions of life.

Not trying to be harsh, just telling the truth.

you probably crave the cookies because you are STARVING and your body wants to trick you into FEEDING it, like it NEEDS.
  • karash6
    karash6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat the cookie you want and then go burn those same calories off with exercise. You get your cookie + get to feel good from the exercise.