Running Shoes

Options
I've noticed there has been a lot of talk about good running shoes lately and I am also in need of a new pair! Many of you suggest getting fitted for new shoes, but no one has mentioned a store that does a fitting. So, if you have done this, where did you get fitted??

Replies

• brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    a running store....like fleet feet...
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    We go to Luke's Locker
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I didn't get fitted for my shoes but I was told by a worker at academy sports that the Asics Gels were the seller. Very comfortably and not to expensive. I paid 50 bucks and I have about 200 miles on them right now.
  • KeeleySue
    KeeleySue Posts: 158
    Options
    Depends on where you live. Around here we have The Running Room.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    seems like any independant running shop could do it, i dont know of any chain stores that do that kind of thing.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Depends where you live but at specific running stores. In Dallas, I go to Run On! or Luke's Locker if Run On! doesn't have what I need.
  • ahunt888
    ahunt888 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did it at a local running store, but fleet feet is a good national chain that does it. Just my (unsolicited lol) two cents: if you don't overpronate and like a more minimal shoe, I highly recommend the saucony kinvara. Love my pair!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I went to the local store. A good store will have someone watch you walk, and watch your gait and will be able to suggest a shoe for you.

If there's no good local store, I'd probably start here: http://www.runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor The latest Runner's World magazine has reviews of all the new shoes that are available and their website has reviews of just about everything you can find in the store now.
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!! :)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I also use Fleet Feet. Pay a little more but way worth it!