Decent total calories but low net calories.

Options
Is it OK to have the occasional day with a very low net average. For instance my tdee is 3200 and I have been losing roughly 1.5 lbs a week eating 2400-2700 cals a day. Yesterday I was just not hungry at all (not typical). My intake was 1900 with 84 grams of carbs. but my net was only about 195 calories. So my quesrion is willthis be harmful to me if it's only occasional and I have a high tdee?.

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Net is intake - exercise, if I'm not mistaken.
    Did you work out a lot yesterday?
  • GoodnightJulia
    GoodnightJulia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No. It's fine. There are even multiple studies on the benefits of (short, very occasional) full fasts. People the world around would die if it weren't okay to not eat every now and again.

Also, minimum calorie guidelines are there mostly to ensure you get adequate nutrition. If you're eating 1900 cals and focusing on making sure you get enough protein and eating lots of veg and fruit, etc - paying attention to having a high quality diet with all the necessary macros and micros, I highly doubt that even more regular 1900 cal days would be detrimental. Base it on your energy levels and appetite, I'd say.