New guy

Options
Hello All!

My name is Darryl. I am 32 years old, am from El Paso, TX, have been married for 16 years and have a 6 year old son. My whole life, friends and family have called me D or Big D, and it does not bother me one bit, so feel free to do so too! As a child, I've always been big for my age and never paid it much mind. As an adult, I see now the struggles that someone who is "overweight" goes through on a daily basis. I've tried working out in the past, and have had little to no success. I finally have had enough and embarked on my weight loss journey on February 2nd. I signed up for a gym membership, received a workout and meal plan from a good friend of mine (who is now my virtual trainer), and attacked this challenge head on. My starting weight was 352.2 lbs, and after my first month, I have lost 25 lbs!

I am determined to prove that you don't have to go through "starvation' or typical salad and/or boiled chicken diet to lose weight. By making better decisions on what you eat and consistently pushing yourself at the gym, you can hit your weight loss goal!

I look forward to reading about y'all and meeting some new faces going through the same process!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely possible to lose weight and still have all the foods - just in smaller quantities than before.

Track and log everything, get a bit of exercise, stay at calorie goal and it happens.

Really simple.

Welcome, D . :flowerforyou:
  • bigdfromep
    bigdfromep Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! I was shocked once I found out how many calories a lot of my favorite places were responsible for!

I appreciate the welcome! :)