Strangest thing I found was a monkey in the forest.s2ofy0av9man.jpg

He’s just hanging around
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I usually walk about sunrise on the weekend. About 10 years ago, some guy tried to jump me from behind as I was on a bridge going over Johnson Creek. I threw him into Johnson Creek. Came home and told my wife about it. She got all upset. Told me that I shouldn't be walking on this trail because of the homeless people taking over. I've been walking this trail since 1990. Not going to get run off. So, to placate my wife, I got my Carry Permit and started bringing a pistol with me. 8 years go by. No problem. Then, one day, I decide to go at sunset rather than sunrise. I pass some guy and I notice he's paying too much attention to me. Walked about a mile and looked back to see he was about 200 yards back. Went another 1/2 mile and looked back and noticed he was about 100 yards back. Came up over a hill and saw two other guys coming towards me about 100 yards away. Looked behind me and the other guy had closed the gap to about 20 yards behind me. I stopped. Everybody else stopped. One of the two guys in front of me, pulled a machete out and started swinging it at the bushes along the trail. I pulled my Remington out, jacked a round in the chamber. Everybody turned and ran. I didn't tell my wife about it. She'd probably ground me.

Damn ... Can you imagine if you didn't have the pistol with you .
    This is exally why I don't want to walk alone when I do my walks !

I have been walking that trail for over 30 years now. See a lot of the same people all the time. Over the last 10 years, because of the homeless problem, they have, at times, taken it over. I've only had a confrontation 4 times in that 30 years. What really bothers me though, and I know it is because of the way I look, sometimes I will come around a bend, or up over a hill and run into a gal, walking alone, coming towards me. I can tell, when she looks at me, that she is immediately fearful. Makes me feel like shlt. They are probably safer than any other time, when they are near me, but I can see that they are scared. They take out their cell phone or don't make eye contact. Can't help the way I look.

i get it people act the same way towards me. for what ever reason they assume that i'm going to do them harm. i've seen lady's grip there purse or cross the street just to avoid me.

as far as thing i've found well out it's a long list. money, camera, cell phones, wallet, credit cards, bike, keys, and bank cards, and a little beg of pot. i through the pot in the garbage can and returned the rest
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    mcummins78 wrote: »
    A soccer ball with a face drawn on and a knife in the top of it...

You found an inner city Wilson
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Strangest thing I found was a monkey in the forest.s2ofy0av9man.jpg

That’s a warning sign for a thought long lost tribe of savages ,you are lucky to be alive .
  • Stephen801
    Stephen801 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot, mostly in the city and I have found so many things. I find a lot of money, both coins and sometimes bills. I tracked it for a month last summer and it came out to $5.86. The most I've found at once was a $20 bill. It's become more of a game at this point. It's actually rare that I don't find at least that lucky penny! I have found so much stuff I can also use...phone charging cables, wireless headphones, new gloves, hats. I found a gold wedding ring awhile ago that had an inscription. It was obviously from an older gentleman and I did try to find the owner.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I don’t know how weird this would be considered, but where I used to live I would walk alone this gravel road by my house, and in the field by this road a couch just randomly showed up, and sat there until we moved. I think it might have been left from an auction, but yeah. I thought it was kind of funny.
  • LottieHaveMercy
    LottieHaveMercy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tend to see flip flops pretty often, I have also see hair weave several times as well. Once saw a nearly full gallon of milk. What I see most often are those plastic teeth flossing picks. I see those ALL THE TIME just laying on the ground. Litterbug with great dental hygiene?
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    A beaver dam, a bank envelope with about $200 (I turned it in, but no one claimed it, so I got to keep it), and on two separate occasions, women's underwear.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Goldfish in a ditch by the side of the road. I managed to catch two of them. One lived 15 years!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    The most common thing I saw while running in Atlanta was chunks or entire weaves blowing about. I called them tumbleweaves

That’s...just a little bit disgusting, IMO. :s
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Backwoods wrappers
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »
    The most common thing I saw while running in Atlanta was chunks or entire weaves blowing about. I called them tumbleweaves

That’s...just a little bit disgusting, IMO. :s

Lmao!!!
  • nrtauthor
    nrtauthor Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Goldfish in a ditch by the side of the road. I managed to catch two of them. One lived 15 years!

Holy moly!
  • delipidation
    delipidation Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Walking along the railroad track which was the shortest way to work, I saw where a tree had fallen against the control wires. I did some research to find out which railroad company owned that stretch of track, called them to let them know, and thought nothing further of it. A couple of weeks later I happened to encounter the fellow who was clearing out the tree and repairing the lines. He showed me that the tree had fallen because it was gnawed down by a beaver. This is in a fairly industrial area, but the creek by which the tree had stood floods at least once a year, so there are no buildings nearby. As a result, the immediate area is something of an informal urban wildlife reserve. A couple of weeks after that I was walking the tracks late at night and evidently startled the beaver, who slapped his tail and dove into the creek. Unfortunately, a month or so later the beaver evidently decided to cross the track. He had no obvious wounds, but he was very dead. He was also very large: his nose was just touching one rail, and his rear end was touching the other.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    A skunk. I have never run so fast in my life.
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I was out riding a few years back on a trail through dense woods. A rider a couple hundred yards ahead of me all of a sudden went flying and then this brown figure ran off into the woods. Turns out it was a doe. About four of us saw the "accident" we all stopped and the guy was out cold, feet still clipped into his bike. It was not uncommon to see deer along the side of the trail, but this was the first time I had seen one actually cross the trail and it just happened to take out a 200 lb. dude going about 20 mph. It took a while for EMS to get on the scene, we were in the woods and they had to back the ambulance down the trail.