Well, Not so new, but new to here! : ) Hi Everyone!

Options
Hi...my name is Vicki...I am a Walmart People Greeter with -ugh...substance! I am 55 years old, and holding...but not onto my "love handles"! : ) I just found this site this morning...It looks like a great one...I love how easy it is to track all you eat, the calories burned...and how it deducts from your total calories per day for your goal weight loss...So easy! I walk to work everyday...about a half an hour-45 minutes....Depends on if it is snowing, rainy or very hot that makes me decide if I want to "power walk" or not! : ) Then too, sometimes customers see me and pick me up...Yeah, I should say "No Thank you...I am burning calories today!"...but I am on my feet all day...and all of me is very hard on my footsies! I am in the 200 range...and were are not talking about ovens here...Once upon a time (like a lot of people) there was a little "me" who was a size 7...I think she is still in there...trying to get out...Who knows...I might have ATE her! : ) Anyway...glad to be here...I think this site is the one I have been looking for! : ) Have a nice day! (I am good at saying this...a Walmart Pro! ; )

Replies

• hrshipley
    Options
    Hi Vicki! Welcome to MFP! I am new also and after reading the message boards and seeing a ton of success stories, I do believe we have come to the right place to reteach ourselves how to be healthy and get the exercise we need! Congrats on your decision to join! You should have a friend request from me! Good luck!
  • ArtistVicki
    ArtistVicki Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just added you!...Yup! I believe it is the right place!....
    I saw this quote today and really liked it...

"I have not failed 10,000 times. I have successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
    -- Thomas A. Edison

I figure starting over means starting over in everything! I left an abusive husband of 13 years in Feb 2010...got a divorce...Man! I wear divorce so well! I never had so much FREEDOM...and PEACE!...Although I did move into an apartment....and you know how apartment life can be! It is just me and my dog Spunky...He is an 8 year old Pomeranian. I take him for bike rides with me...My best friend Mark put new tires on my vintage Schwinn and I added a basket for my dog! Spunky loves to have his fur blowing in the breeze! I also have tow adult children...a son and a daughter and a daughter-n-law and a new little grandson...He is sooo cute! Unfortunately, I don't see any of them...They live too far away. My life would be lonely, but I am so busy talking to people everyday (my job...I go beyond, "Hi...would you like a cart?") : ). I also am an artist (as are both of my kids). I have been painting since...1965...somewhere in there...I sell my art on eBay...but not much since my divorce...I mostly do watercolor these days and I love to paint animals and especially children with pets...I also love landscape painting...Yes, painting does not burn many calories...but you should see how THIN my fingers are! I haven't made a ton of money...and the starving artist thing is a myth as I found a way to get fat....I did meet a lot of artist friends in eBay art groups...but I needed a support group like this...You probably gathered that my name is Vicki...What is yours? : )
  • ArtistVicki
    Options
    Time to look and see if I know anyone on this site! : )
  • ArtistVicki
    Options
    10181301.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Wanna see if this thing works!
  • ArtistVicki
    Options
    Cool! This is one of my paintings!