Pls let me know if I can do that

Options
Heyyyy, can I lose weight eating one chocolate bar a day (not the whole month, but for a whole week, like the week before my period) provided I stay within my calorie range?
Some say yes because it is calories in -calories out, and others say that in the presence of insulin, weigh loss is unachievable. What do you think?

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    Heyyyy, can I lose weight eating one chocolate bar a day (not the whole month, but for a whole week, like the week before my period) provided I stay within my calorie range?
    Some say yes because it is calories in -calories out, and others say that in the presence of insulin, weigh loss is unachievable. What do you think?

Calories in/Calories out - as long as you stay within your calorie goal you are fine. All that nonsense about insulin is exactly that - nonsense.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    ... provided I stay within my calorie range

Yes. It's simple physics, if you consume more energy than you expend, you'll accumulate that excess as weight. If you consume less energy than you expend then you'll sacrifice existing stored energy, and lose weight.

A simple test, if you're in calorie deficit and gaining weight, how are you absorbing that energy?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic? I'm not, but you mentioned insulin. Insulin is produced by the pancreas of most people and we never give it a second thought. That you mention it suggests that you are diabetic and wonder if you can consume a sugary snack. If you are diabetic, you should know the dietary restrictions your doctor has given you, and we, the internet, are not able to change those restrictions even for your PMS.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    You can eat chocolate every single day and lose weight if it fits into your calorie budget. I lost 100 pounds and I eat chocolate every day. I just made sure that it fit into my calorie goals.

Insulin is simply a hormone your body produces that regulates the amount of sugar in your blood. It doesn't promote or stop weight loss, and you only need to worry about it if your doctor has told you that you have diabetes or other insulin-related health conditions.

If you do have a condition like that, then you need to consult with your doctor about how much chocolate is safe for you to eat.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

If it fits into your calorie and nutrition goals, I don't see why not. I lost 55 pounds eating the occasional candy bar, fudge pops, ice cream, chocolate protein bars, and plenty of other foods that produce insulin. If someone tells you that weight loss is impossible if there's insulin present in your body, I would stop listening to/reading that source immediately.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. A small bar won't hurt your progress as long as you count it.

I've given up chocolate for March to raise money for the British Heart Foundation. It's been tough.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    A video that might help by a scientific based individual. https://youtu.be/X7xZH0jmxUg
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Why don't you give it a try?
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every single day. I made it to my goal weight months ago. I still eat chocolate every day.
  • NICEBODYTODAY
    NICEBODYTODAY Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hey you guys, im back to thank you for your replies. You all agree on the fact that it's the calories that count.
    Why I mentioned insulin, because according to some people, when we eat chocolate (which has sugar in it as you know), insulin increases, and this raise in the insulin levels prevents weigh loss. That's according to these people, but it turns out it's nonsense.
    For the girl who said "why don't you give it a try": Trust me i don't have time or patience, Ive been trying to lose weight since 2012, and im struggling doing this, because a slight increase in my weight can get me back to square 1. If that makes sense.