Opinions between these workouts?

alexxazt
alexxazt Posts: 23 Member
edited March 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I know I just posted something, but what are your opinions on these different programs, given nutrition is in check?
Need to lose about 40-50lbs, 180lbs, 5’6”, female, builds muscle like crazy (I don’t know why, but quads can build a lot a lot), hard time with fat loss in stomach area and arm/tricep area (34DDD).
Which would be MOST effective?
(I understand that a caloric deficit and I can just do “whatever I enjoy” but I want whichever one will be most effective to maybe lose 20lbs in the next 3-4 months”

1. Insanity Max 30 (Focus on more cardio/HIIT-lose weight and then focus on lifting after weight loss

2. P90X3 (Mostly bodyweight, Weights, flexibility, HIIT-General fitness )

3. Tone It Up (Cardio and HIIT and “toning”)

4. BBG (Body Weight and Cardio)

5. Bodybuilding Split (Chest & Back; Glutes & Hamstrings...etc)

6. Heavy Lifting and minimal cardio? (3X Heavy Weights; 3X walking)

7. Heavy Lifting and HIIT (3X Heavy Weights; 3X HIIT)

8. Moderate Lifting and .... (instead of heavy)

9. Very low intensity like Yoga (my friend stopped working out, ate less, got super small -yes, probably muscle and fat- but then she started weight lifting for about 1 month AFTER losing a bunch of weight and now she looks so fit!

I feel like those with the best bodies started out as super skinny and then just had to build.
Or where there are “before and after” of “fat to fit” but their in between was a period of time in which they were skinny by “doing it the wrong way until they found lifting”.

I honestly just want to lose all the weight (40-50lbs) and am fine if my butt looks mediocre for a while because I know that I can always build it with lifting.
Like I want to wear smaller jeans and have my thighs not be rubbing together all the time.
I’m fine to be “skinny”-even if “super fit” is preferred right now because I honestly like the kind of skinny fit look.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Pick one. Abs are made in the kitchen and exercise is for looking good nekkie!
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    What are your end goals? Do you just want to get skinny, or build muscle?
  • alexxazt
    Rose18l wrote: »
    What are your end goals? Do you just want to get skinny, or build muscle?

I’m fat-fit now.
    Want to be skinny-fit.
    Then eventually maybe fitter fit.
    I’m not into the whole “Michelle Lewin” look but more into the the Nike kind of thin-fit look. Or “base body babes” look.
  • Rose18l
    So I guess that means you want to be curvy with abs and good endurance?
  • alexxazt
    So I guess that means you want to be curvy with abs and good endurance?

I guess? Not like super jacked fit but more of the thin but little lines here and there.
    So I was just wondering if it mattered the workout or anything! Like should I be doing more hevay lifting in the initial phase or more cardio in the initial phase?
  • Rose18l
    Follow a lifting program for the more soft yet still some tone look I would go for something like strongcurves. This program focusses on getting more curvy. On your rest days you could do some low impact cardio for extra calorie burn
  • alexxazt
    Follow a lifting program for the more soft yet still some tone look I would go for something like strongcurves. This program focusses on getting more curvy. On your rest days you could do some low impact cardio for extra calorie burn

Even if I have 50lbs to lose? Or is that just the caloric deficit part?
  • alexxazt
    edited March 2018

also...not exactly a “soft look” but more like this:

761cmtbdanhb.png
  • Rose18l
    Weightloss is calories in vs. out so can be managed with diet. Try to go for a deficit where you lose around 1ibs max a week. Strong curves will get you above look over time. An another option would be strong lifts 5x5.