Sudden loss of appetite

I've been on MFP for about 1.5 years, took a break somewhere in there, and have been back to logging and losing weight since early January.

For some reason for the past few days I've had a real drop in appetite. I'm used to pre-logging my food for the day, and thinking about and looking forward to what I'm going to eat next. So this loss of appetite is really weird for me, and especially since today is the day I ovulate, and I usually have an increased appetite during this time.

As background, I'm female, 44 years old, 5'6" and currently 147 lbs. I don't have any underlying chronic issues, or anything acute that I know of. I have been a little down this week, so maybe that's all it is?

Replies

• iwant2seemytoes
    iwant2seemytoes Posts: 27 Member
    It could be because you're down. I've seen people go either way when they are slightly down if it continues I would go see a doctor about it.
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2018
    Has this happened before? I’ve recognised that I go through regular cycles of enjoying food like a normal person and then absolutely not wanting to eat anything, but that’s normal for me.
    I would suggest waiting this out a little longer before worrying too much. Just make sure you’re still eating despite it.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    SteamPug wrote: »
    Has this happened before? I’ve recognised that I go through regular cycles of enjoying food like a normal person and then absolutely not wanting to eat anything, but that’s normal for me.
    I would suggest waiting this out a little longer before worrying too much. Just make sure you’re still eating despite it.

Not really, only when sick or really stressed by something major going on. Otherwise I pretty much think about food and want to eat.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    Maybe you're coming down with something.