Magic weight loss

lindsyrox
lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
Does anyone else think its silly when someone approaches you about your weight loss and asks how did you do it? I'm always tempted to be a smart *kitten* and tell them about some new magical contraption or food just to mess with them. I mean really, its not rocket science you eat less count calories and exercise more, thats all there is to it people!

just my vent for the day.

Replies

• Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    I ustue be these people :blushing: , but yes your right, it's not rocket science, like you said eat less and exercise, exercise, exercise!! Now I'm the person at the other end wanting to be a smart *kitten* LOL :devil:
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    A while back when I dropped from 150-130 some folks from would would ask me that.
    Them: "Omg, you lost so much weight! how did you do it!?"
    Me: "Diet and exercise" or "I ate less and ran 3 miles everyday"
    Them: "Ooh." -most disappointed look ever-

I guess they were wanted me to say that I took a diet pill and all my fat melted away.

If it were THAT easy NO ONE would be fat!
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    I think there are just to many people now a days that dont understand what the meaning of "working out" is! Its all about a lifesytle change, not dieting. It frustrates me when people are like what did you do?! Or what did you take!? Really people, pills might make you loose something but when you stop taking those pills the weight will come right back on! I totally understand what you mean!! There are so many people that want the weight to come off of them but want to put in NO effort!!
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    eat better/less
    exercise more

it's not easy, but it's simple! people don't seem to get that. the ones who want magic diet pills are the same looking for money to grow on trees without working, LoL.

altho i admit, sometimes i wish that magic pill existed!!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    When I tell people that I DIDN'T lose weight magically they don't believe me. I think if I told people that I lost all the weight by standing on my head for two hours a day they would believe me better than they do when I tell them I eat less, move more!!
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    1.) Friend asks you how you lost weight.
    2.) Compose a sales page online to advertise a magic weight loss supplement.
    3.) Tell friend about it. It's only $100 per bottle.
    4.) Fill each bottle with a sea salt and milk mixture.
    5.) Tell them to tell their friends about it.
    6.) Profit
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,310 Member
    The same people will ask more than once. Like my answer will change. :huh:
  • val_140
    val_140 Posts: 75
    LOL! I know exactly what you mean! I've given up on telling people exactly what to do because honestly it goes in one ear and out the other. If they really want to know they will research it!!
    I also hate when my mom tries to hand me pointless "diet" recipes that I'm sure wont work.. I always tell her to keep them to herself cause I have found the key to losing weight and it wasn't a magic "diet."
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    6.) Profit

-takes notes-
    this is brilliant..
  • val_140
    val_140 Posts: 75
    The same people will ask more than once. Like my answer will change. :huh:

Maybe they expect it to change into an answer that involves something easy and fast to do. LOL!
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    When I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago I had the same idiots asking me the same question. I, unlike you, was a smart @$$ about it and would respond with the following:

"I know! Isn't it fantastic?! Someone told me about this crazy program to lose weight and it sounded so crazy I just had to try it. I really didn't think it would work but look! Just look!! It's amazing, you're never going to believe me, I didn't believe it...it's called the eat less, work out more plan. I know!! So crazy!..."

Depending on who it was, how dumb they were and how long they let me go on for I could make it last several minutes. It amused me if nothing else and I got a good laugh out of it so burned extra calories too!!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    6.) Profit

Love this answer! (pondering of names to call this magic formula) :laugh:
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    6.) Profit
    Let us call it "Bootleg hCG" :D
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    LOL @ blueshred - I was thinking more along the lines of fairy dust but your idea is funny too - just for the record, when I lose a lot and ppl ask ME how, I'm gonna sell them a bottle of fairy dust (just sprinkle this on your food, you can eat anything you want, never get off the couch and lose 20lb/month)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    It might not be rocket science for some. But throw in a metabolic disorder, thyroid, hormonal issues, etc., and it sure can become a mystery. Being smug might make you feel superior, but we're all in the same boat, and it can be really hard for a lot of people.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    What I really hate is when you tell them what you did they reply "Wow, I could never do that!" Makes me want to say back "That's why you'll always be overweight then".
  • jowans2004
    jowans2004 Posts: 38 Member
    people are hoping that there is a magic wand, abacadabra..and poof, you've lost weight...they don't want to hear the truth, it takes WORK, CONSISTENCY, AND GOING OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE.
  • AmberBarrios
    I actually told an "aquantance" to grab a pen and paper and I would tell her my secret. She did and I told her cool now write this down!

Eat LESS and move your *kitten*, she wrote it down then stopped looked at it and looked at me and called me a choice name then stormed off. I stood and laughed. :laugh:
  • AmberBarrios
    6.) Profit
    Let us call it "Bootleg hCG" :D

LOL LOVE IT!!!!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Yea. I've been asked by a handful of girls I'm friends with and you're right.. it's not Rocket Science. I don't do anything special. I've just made changes.