Wakeup Call

Options
I gambled that, while I knew I was in the pre-diabetes range, I would get started eventually to work on my health. When my A1C test came in at 6.7 (just barely above the 6.5 diabetes marker), the reality was a major wakeup call. My mother, brother and dad had diabetes and the pain it caused and other complications leading up to their deaths was just a path I vowed I would not go on. So since my A1C test on 27 Dec 17 to now I have lost 37 pounds and kept my morning blood sugar under 100 since 7 Jan to present. I'm not only kicking diabetes to the curb, I'm for once completely motivated to better my health and life. I have put God to the center of my life, it is by His grace that my discipline for eating healthy is taking root. I'm thankful and happy for a new way of living and have a positive outlook for continued success.

For all people with weight problems, your aha moment will come and you will find the courage, strength and discipline to tackle it. Believe "to everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven...."

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Yes, it sometimes takes such a thing for us to take control. Better late than never.

And good luck !!
  • rbkelsey
    rbkelsey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So right...thanks for the encouragement :):)
  • RaleighCaldwell
    RaleighCaldwell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Glad to know you are on the path to good health. It's never too late to start! Keep on going!