Any advice on what some of you may do to stay motivated trying to lose?

Options
lovely_me2405
lovely_me2405 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2018 in Getting Started
I am struggling to stay focused.

Replies

• Freyhb
    Freyhb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I googled some motivational quotes and calendar templates of each month for the year and taped them to my closet door. So as soon as I wake up each day, my eye goes towards the quotes an dit makes my whole day better. Plus, at the end of each day whether I stuck to my goals or not, I cross off that day on the calendar. It gives me visual data to look at and it shows me that each day is so important for my future success. So far, I'm a month and a half in to this lifestyle change and each makes me happier rather than miserable. This is the way I work...try it out for yourself...it may work for you too.
  • RaleighCaldwell
    RaleighCaldwell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Look at the last picture that you didn't like about yourself. Print it out. Hang it in places where you find yourself being tempted or losing focus. Great examples, the refrigerator, the table next to the sofa, the cover pic on your phone.

All it took was about a week for me to decided I didn't want those pics around anymore and I got into a good routine and changed some habits.

It also helps to have a "buddy" you can chat with.
  • sra455
    sra455 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've tried to pick an event (or several) that I just want to feel good and look good at. My sister got married in november and i was probably at my heaviest point then. It was devastating to not feel pretty on a day like that and to know that those pictures would be around and be special forever. So I said I'm not letting that happen again. My cousin is getting Married June 2, so thats a shorter term goal to lose some and feel better about myself. A longer term goal is that I graduate college in May 2019, which gives me a year to really go after what I want to be when I take that next step in my life.
  • lovely_me2405
    lovely_me2405 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank You guys so much. You all had great ideas.. I am going to try all of them and see how they work for me and congrats to all of you for finding something that works for you..
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    The experienced posters will tell you--log everything, everyday with a digital food scale. Try to move more. Even walking is good to start and doesn't cost you anything. Learn to cook if you don't know how, it helps if you prepare nutritional food. Take your measurements once a week and keep a journal. It will lift you up to see where you've been when the scale doesn't move. Try to stay within your calorie goal everyday. Patience wins.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I replaced motivation with dedication. I frame my diet in terms of what I can eat, rather than what I cannot eat and started with a reasonable step goal. I just use an app on my phone to count the steps.