A bit more about me

Options
I weighed 202 lbs when I delivered my daughter after a difficult pregnancy and 4 months of bedrest. The first 40lbs fell off me! However, I still have a bunch to lose as I gained a bit back. I'm restarting my journey NOW and I have a beautiful 2 year old as motivation. LETS DO THIS! Lost 3.2 lbs just starting this yesterday. I know it's water weight but it feels good! Now to keep going...:happy:

Replies

• Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That is great! Every loss is still a loss! It's very motivational, so keep on going! I had a few days of slipping up and I am getting back on it and trying to do this right.
  • punkinrn
    punkinrn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i've been on this site since april and i really like it. i had lost the majority of my "baby wt" doing weight watchers and jogging, til i hit a plateau. i was bored with the whole point thing so i found this site, so easy to use. i was 275 lbs when i had my second child 18 months ago, and i am now 200. i know exactly what you mean about the treats pt's bring into work, its so bad in the er. so much crap. i bring my breakfast, lunch and snacks everyday. i make everyone put the junk in the break room instead of the nurses station and i just stay away from it. i tell everyone it's tacky to have food laying around where pt's and family can see it, even though its more because i dont want the temptation! anyway, my wake up call came when i ended up with diabetes, htn and preeclampsia for the second time, i knew if i didnt change i would end up with diabetes and htn meds. i controlled the diabetes with diet during my pregnancy but was on meds for htn. i dont take anything for my bp now 118/70 and resting hr is 58!!! blood sugars are totally normal too! as a dialysis nurse you know what diabetes does to a person, well that's not going to be me! i'll be out there running with my kids, thank you very much! welcome and i look forward to talking to you soon!
  • hgf219
    hgf219 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    Good luck to you! You seem very motivated and that will help you succeed!