I looked in the mirror................

Options
This morning I felt different when I woke up. I felt thinner, more toned. Then I looked in the mirror! At first glance I thought "Wow I look good" my waist looks so trim. Then my eyes glanced down to my hips, butt, and thighs. Instantly the thoughts went to " gross my but is still huge!"

Anyone to the point where they like what the see in the mirror?
I lost 50 lb a few years ago and when I got down to 142 I was happy with what I saw. I am now back up to 160 and trying to get down to 145. I have always gained weight evenly proportioned on my body. I have never had a butt even before my initial loss of 50 lb. Now it seems like I am loosing everywhere except my butt and my legs. I am afraid I will never loose this bottom weight. Its like the way I carry weight has changed.

I just want to get back to my no butt self I remember!

Replies

• ldsupergirl
    Options
    This morning I felt different when I woke up. I felt thinner, more toned. Then I looked in the mirror! At first glance I thought "Wow I look good" my waist looks so trim. Then my eyes glanced down to my hips, butt, and thighs. Instantly the thoughts went to " gross my but is still huge!"

Anyone to the point where they like what the see in the mirror?
    I lost 50 lb a few years ago and when I got down to 142 I was happy with what I saw. I am now back up to 160 and trying to get down to 145. I have always gained weight evenly proportioned on my body. I have never had a butt even before my initial loss of 50 lb. Now it seems like I am loosing everywhere except my butt and my legs. I am afraid I will never loose this bottom weight. Its like the way I carry weight has changed.

I just want to get back to my no butt self I remember!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    :laugh: I know how you feel :laugh: My top looses fast than my bottom, so I look in the mirror I'm like WOW!!!:happy: Then I look down and I'm like wow:grumble:
  • amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    I've lost weight everywhere but my stomach. Which is, of course, where I wanted to lose weight. I'm about to give up.
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Ok no giving up !

We can't " spot reduce fat " they said , imagine your body is like an onion.. in layers.. so that is how we lose weight.. - in layers.. and of course where you have the most that's where the most layers are. It takes time !
    I have lost 50 lbs ( and kept them off for 2 years now ) but the weight is mostly gone from my waist, and chest.. bottom is like a
    full moon ! I have such a difficulty finding clothes..
    In the waist I can buy a size 12 sometimes but on the bottom ( thighs legs ) it's like 18-20..
    They say an " hour glass shape is nice " yes.. i have the most hour glass figure you can imagine.. but it is soooo hard to
    find clothes that fit right, or i have to buy bigger sizes bc of legs and than " take in ' the waist..

We all struggle with something, but what options do we have ?

keep trying - and eventually results will show
    give up- and feel even more miserable and- eventually " a monday " or " a fist of the year" come back here and do it again -
    so why give up in first place ?

If you decided you will be in peace with your weight and you are " ok the way you are " and happy with it- ok, than you don't have to do anything else- but if you are not - eventually if you stop now- you will come back with even more weight to lose.

We can do it- it takes time, but the things that are worth it are hard to reach, right ?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I wish I still had a butt. I always had a pretty nice butt. Now it's gone. I would trade my chubby tummy for your big but.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I...most of the time am okay with what I see in the mirror. You know when I first noticed the weight loss? When I passed a mirror and could tell in my chest/shoulders/neck/collar bone. Strange, right? Oh, and when I put on pants and they looked like pajamas! haha - now my mom gives me a hard time for losing my butt!
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    I actually love what I see...I know I have a way to go yet but, I put on a bikini for the first time in my life and i was like...wow...not to shabby..the pasty whiteness scare me a little...but...that I can't change!hahaha...ONLY down side has been my boobs! :cry: I have lost a lot of them!! they were my favorite!hahahaha.....ahh well..that's what push up bras are for!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I love what I see too... I stand naked infront of the mirror allllll the time admiring myself. I know I sound really vain but I worked HARD to look how I do right now! She there are things about myself that I'd change if I could, but as a package deal I'm very happy :bigsmile: It took me a long long time to feel how I do now though!
  • happenstance82
    Options
    I think the butt and thighs are great places for that extra plump! So, you're telling me that you've lost weight, you're stronger and healthier AND you still have a juicy booty? HOW is that a bad thing?
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    just an fyi--estrogen causes women to store weight/fat in hips and thighs. it's part of our genetic design for having reserves for baby-making. my point is that, don't be so hard on yourself for your body doing what it's been programmed to do, even if it is a new change for you. :heart:

for me, the most annoying change to my body is the big muffin top post baby #3 (a boy). he grew out in front so much and i blame him for that change. (now the pounds keeping that muffin puffy are all me and my cookies! :laugh:
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    it's weired, many women say the same " that the would take my butt any day :) My girl friends even slap me when they pass on me saying it's just so " inviting " they call me " j lo" hahah.. i say it's j .lo x5 ..
    girls at work keep telling me " show your *kitten*-ets. " but i'm just sooo not happy with it , i like that i'm hour glass " but.. i just want it to be a smaller hour glass :)
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love what I see too... I stand naked infront of the mirror allllll the time admiring myself. I know I sound really vain but I worked HARD to look how I do right now! She there are things about myself that I'd change if I could, but as a package deal I'm very happy :bigsmile: It took me a long long time to feel how I do now though!
    I don't see that as vain as much as I do self confidence, I admire that.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don't see that as vain as much as I do self confidence, I admire that.

:flowerforyou: Thank you! I just don't see the point in wishing for someone else's body, you know? I mean, I worked for a year to get the one I got and I figure I earned the right to be damn proud of it, even though it's not perfect :laugh: who is?
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I...most of the time am okay with what I see in the mirror. You know when I first noticed the weight loss? When I passed a mirror and could tell in my chest/shoulders/neck/collar bone. Strange, right? Oh, and when I put on pants and they looked like pajamas! haha - now my mom gives me a hard time for losing my butt!

I'm having the pajama pant problem also. And my mom is who gives me the worst time about my butt. Her and I were trying on swimming suits and she said "hey, where'd your butt go?"
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    just an fyi--estrogen causes women to store weight/fat in hips and thighs. it's part of our genetic design for having reserves for baby-making. my point is that, don't be so hard on yourself for your body doing what it's been programmed to do, even if it is a new change for you. :heart:

for me, the most annoying change to my body is the big muffin top post baby #3 (a boy). he grew out in front so much and i blame him for that change. (now the pounds keeping that muffin puffy are all me and my cookies! :laugh:

Well that explains why I have not but any more. I have no estrogen any more. My #3 grew out front too. so I know the whole muffin top thing, but mine is definately getting better.
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    hhmmm....not me, I am losing everywhere but my tummy. I swear the measurement around my waist has gone UP! I hate what I see, I have a typicall firt Nations build, big in the middle with chopstick legs. It's so frustrating.