Keto Friendly Sweet Treats

Options
Anyone know of some good keto friendly (or low carb) sweet treats?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    These are my favourites, and so easy to make.

http://screwedonstraight.net/keto-diet-peanut-butter-cup-fat-bombs/
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of baking substitutions you can make.

Instead of sugar, use stevia or erythritol. Instead of wheat flour, use almond flour.

There are tons of things you can make just with those two substitutions. Cheesecakes, normal cakes, custards, cookies, pancakes...

This is a good recipe website: https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/
  • VanVan136
    VanVan136 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Half cup 1:1 ratio of coconut oil and peanut butter, melt together in a sauce pan. Add 3 tablespoons of cocao and 2 to 3 tablespoons of stevia. Divide in muffin tin/candy mold Then pop in freezer.
  • Fizzypopization
    Fizzypopization Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There really isn't. At some point if you want to consume treats you are going to have to consume carbs. Baked goods all require flour that has carbs in it even almond flour. You chose a crazy hard and restrictive diet to maintain, good luck.
  • 37lbs_to_go
    37lbs_to_go Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For a quick simple treat we do Tony’s Chocolonely extra dark chocolate. I buy the small bars because it's portioned better. 15 carbs per bar and that includes 6 pieces. So 2.5 carbs per piece. Don't buy the large bars. The pieces are irregular and impossible to portion unless using a scale.

I have made a very tasty chocolate chip cookie recipe but I can't find the exact recipe online at the moment. There are some excellent recipes out there but plenty more duds. Because of that I won't post until I know it's the one I've used.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I tried a keto cheesecake (almond flour + walnuts + butter for the base, full-fat cream cheese, erythriol, eggs, vanilla for the top) and it was great. About 4 net carbs per serving!

Otherwise, my go-to safe indulgence is the Heidi 85% chocolate. One whole chocolate has 14 g of carbs, so two pieces (16g) fit easily on any day.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    There really isn't. At some point if you want to consume treats you are going to have to consume carbs. Baked goods all require flour that has carbs in it even almond flour. You chose a crazy hard and restrictive diet to maintain, good luck.

Lol, this isn't true at all... I don't even do keto anymore, but when I did, I made plenty of delicious keto-friendly desserts. They don't need to be zero carb to be keto-friendly, just low enough that they'll fit into your 20g-50g net carb allotment for the day. Many almond-flour or cheese-cream based desserts can do that just fine.
  • BrenishaGlover
    BrenishaGlover Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’d suggest looking on Pinterest. They have a ton of different keto recipes (sweet and savory) to choose from!