Switching from smoking to vaping nicotine.

Options
psychod787
psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
Just switched from smoking to vaping with a high powered mod sub ohm 6-12mg. Has anyone else switched from smoking to vaping nicotine and gained weight? I have heard that nicotine increases metabolism. I am just wondering if where you get it from matters. A cigarette vs a vape. Thanks!

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    opps wrong forum!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3195407/ and if you are gaining weight you are most likely eating more than you think. I dont think how you get the nicotine matters. it supposedly stronger when vaping but I dont know if that is for sure or not. gaining weight comes down to calories. if it does increase your metabolism its probably not by a lot. it does help suppress appetite for some so stopping may cause people to eat more alas weight gain.
  • dfp333
    dfp333 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nicotine does effect satiatation... Satiation and weight are only vaugely related though. If your diet fulfills your satisfaction and doesn't cause you to gain weight and you switch to vaping and get enough nicotine to satisfy that then you won't tend to eat more or less so you shouldn't see a change. If you aren't at the right levels you might eat more or less depending but eventually with no other variables you should reach and equilibrium. Of course even with smoking you could be having a caloric deficit or excess in which case you would be gaining or loosing weight... Nicotine can matter in that the withdrawal may mean overcompensating with food instead of nicotine. Vaping is slightly more healthy for you so good on you for making the switch but eventually going twards quitting is the best option. Also, tracking your weight and calories and what you eat is statistically more significant in making positive health choices than most other things so that's truly what's important.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I quit cigarettes almost 3 months ago, switched to the smok alien 220W, sub ohm, vaping 6mg and no I have not gained a single pound.

I find tho that if I'm busy and forget to vape the withdrawals hit so much harder and my appetite goes crazy.

With vaping you absorb the nicotine a lot slower initially than if you were to smoke a cigarette so try not to let it go too long in between vaping, try to have a constant level of nicotine so you never withdraw. Which is relatively easy to do because it lasts longer but also harder because you're not constantly thinking about it lol
  • neiluk44
    neiluk44 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’ve just come off the Nicolette quick mist spray as I found myself getting hooked on them as well now I’m just chewing gum when I get a craving
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I switched from smoking to vaping years ago, still vaping. I am sub ohm and rebuild my own coils, vaping 6mg ejuice. I am still able to achieve my goals, be it cutting or bulking. I find the nicotine just keeps me level. That said it is a drug, it is an addiction and I accept that.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Quit nicotine a couple weeks ago, today. Kind of assumed my weight would sway, but it really hasn't gone either way.
  • bairedoli1994
    bairedoli1994 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Just switched from smoking to vaping with a high powered mod sub ohm 6-12mg. Has anyone else switched from smoking to vaping nicotine and gained weight? I have heard that nicotine increases metabolism. I am just wondering if where you get it from matters. A cigarette vs a vape. Thanks!

Vape clouds doesn't harm other people. But it still contains nicotine and the nicotine is bad for you. However, if you can't quit smoking this is a best option for you, because it affects your health less then the cigarettes. I'm a smoker myself. And when I found out that I have cancer, I quit to smoke cigarettes and bought a vape. At first it was hard for me to find good liquids, but one of my friends told me about store aquavape.co.uk. I buy liquids in that shop since then. So your decision is very correct!