Ideas to beat carvings

Options
Ok, so I'm on a mission to lose as much fat(maintaining muscle) before my holiday which is approximately 5 weeks away. My diet is a steady 1.5KG loss per 2 weeks and still, I feel the need to crave for food.

What I would like to know is, what alternative food do you guys have which help overcome your cravings for the day. Or maybe some general ideas or opinions.

Currently weighing 83KG(11.1%bf) and target is 80KG(9%bf). On a 2,300kcal diet with 5 x 30 min fasted cardio, 4 x 1hour weight sessions later that day. I do this each week.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    We don't really beat cravings, we learn to live with them. Cravings when you're well fed, are normal and natural; we are designed to be able to eat more in preparation for periods of less food; what isn't "natural", is (extended periods of food abundance and overeating and then the need for) creating those periods of less food on purpose. A balanced and varied diet that makes you not feel deprived, helps, but you'll have to exert willpower sometimes.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    What are you craving?

Soon after I started with MFP, I started craving bread like crazy. Prior to MFP I rarely ate bread, so a bread craving was unusual. So ... I started eating bread a little bit more often, and a few whole grain crackers each day.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was craving a reeses peanut butter cup. I bought one and gave one cup to my sister. That way I got to satisfy the craving and didn't ruin my food plan. I learned that if you don't satisfy the cravings they tend to get worse and may turn into a binge. As long as there is room on your food plan, you can have what you are craving most likely in smaller portions.
  • 5Months2fit
    5Months2fit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sula sugar-free candy!

Not sure if it’s available in the U.S. or not, but there must be something similar or a way to get it there. It’s sugar-free but doesn’t have the gross aftertaste of most sugar-free candy and literally tastes just like real candy!
  • ElizaD1313
    ElizaD1313 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't have my weakness foods in house so by the time I'm half way to Tesco I'm not so bothered anymore. Don't know whether that works for everyone but does not me. My grandad did the same thing to quit smoking.
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yesterday when I had a terrible craving for a culvers burger, I sat down and wrote all the reasons I wanted to lose weight. It helped distract me and helped me focus on the big picture. Also if you have a sweet tooth just buy those fun sized candy bars to give you just a little bit of sweetness. That’s what works for me for now haha
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I stopped all artificial sweeteners..zero diet sodas..and regular sugar as well (although i have gone out on date nights and had real desert a few times didn't spark cravings) . I also stopped all processed foods. i haven't been in an inside grocery isle since Jan 1. I'm amazed at how easy it has been, i'm down almost 30 pounds and loving it.