Good energy boosters

Options
I’m really struggling with energy. I’m always tired and put on like 4 stone in a year. I’m a single mum with 3 kids and I’m so tired all the time. I walk 10,000 steps a day but it knackers me so much I wanna sleep strait after, is there any tablets or anything I can do to stop being so tired!!!

Been to doctors and all results were normal,

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No supplements can help you with that. Do you get enough sleep? Do you eat a balanced and varied diet? Do you have to time to relax, play, reflect and de-stress?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough ? have you cut carbs? (they give you energy).

It's probably a given that you are tired given you have 3 children, being a mum is hard work. Perhaps 10k steps is too much too soon.

How is your water intake? hydrating can help.
  • equidivine
    equidivine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy I used to be skinny by not eating no I eat normal so two - three meals a day. Poached eg toast morning. Normally spag Bol tea.

Iv piled on weight I sleep allot!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Are you eating fruit and veg? they have great nutrients which can boost energy in general.
    Do you snack between meals? maybe you need to eat little and often, I know that keeps me energised.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Drink water add 2 glasses to your day
    High energy music get up and get dancing with those kids. Sounds silly but ups eeryones moods and energy level
    Balanced diet. Track what you eat. Make it a good combo of veggies, grains proteins.
    Are you in depression? Lethargy and weight gain and hopeless can be signs talk to doctor.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    equidivine wrote: »
    Eat healthy I used to be skinny by not eating no I eat normal so two - three meals a day. Poached eg toast morning. Normally spag Bol tea.

Iv piled on weight I sleep allot!!!
    Number of meals and exactly what you eat, is not very important. Enough but not too much food, nutritious food, and different food through the day, and from day to day, is important.
  • equidivine
    Options
    I keep a record of everything as had to for Doctor they said eating is fine. I’m on citaopram due to post natal as my ex left me 2 years ago and keeps calling social on me and then cancelling having kids. This weather don’t help me at all mind I’m happy when I’m warm lol

But even on a night out when I have one I’m done I’m by like 10pm I am literally knackered.

Was size 6-8 last year now I’m size 16 it’s doing my head in!!!
  • equidivine
    Options
    This was me last year and then me in red is most recent I’m piling it on!!!
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Just because your levels are all normal doesn't mean something isn't going on. I spent 3 years having every symptom of hypothyroidism possible going and still showing normal levels before it finally tanked enough to warrant medication. My suggestions are to look at your diet (like more non starchy veg), your sleep, and maybe consider this normal as being a single mom is exhausting (nevermind the added drama that your ex is bringing)! I'd also look at trying to cut out nonessential activities periodically.

That's all I can come up with without more information.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Sufficient sleep, sufficient vitamins/minerals, caffeine as needed.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Just an outside thought - is your sleep quality good? Some research indicates sleeping with tv on, or checking cell phone during sleeping hours might lead to poor sleep.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So what's changed in that year?
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I have gone through times where I was so exhausted all day that I could barely function. The key for me was having my doctor prescribe a sleep aid, which helped me fall asleep AND helped me get good quality sleep. It was a mild sedative, so if my kid was crying I'd still wake up and be able to tend to him. But I felt so much better the next day! This, in combination with an antidepressant, was very helpful for me. I wonder whether the Citalopram is contributing to your daytime fatigue. One possible side effect of that medication is drowsiness, and another is insomnia. Perhaps your doctor can help you address the mix of medications that could help. Good luck!
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    equidivine wrote: »
    I keep a record of everything as had to for Doctor they said eating is fine. I’m on citaopram due to post natal as my ex left me 2 years ago and keeps calling social on me and then cancelling having kids. This weather don’t help me at all mind I’m happy when I’m warm lol

But even on a night out when I have one I’m done I’m by like 10pm I am literally knackered.

Was size 6-8 last year now I’m size 16 it’s doing my head in!!!

For the record, you are beautiful in BOTH photos.! I’m rooting for you!