PCOS Success?

Options
Any one have a PCOS Success story with or with out pics? I have Pcos my highest weight was 330
Sw now 310
Cw 305
Gw 175

Replies

• fat2fitFawn
    fat2fitFawn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The only way I have been able to lose weight so far is going low carb. I’m still early in my journey, but other diets didn’t help me at all. I even gained weight when I tried weight watchers!
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I've only lost 2 lbs since January 2018. But with that being said, my bmr is lower than normal and I only have 25lbs to lose. My goal weight is 130lbs. There's a study which said that women with PCOS can burn upto 700 less calories than normal women. This is a real eye opener for me as I was eating according to the normal calculators and they over estimated my calories! Now I'm going to calorie/carb cycle after my holiday with an average of 1400 calories, whereas before I was eating 1800-2000 calories. I've been reading on other forums like Reddit that some women have had to go down to 900 calories to lose weight. I don't want to go there so would rather exercise more and be more active.
  • Honeyb428
    Honeyb428 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thought I was alone in this journey. Starting KETO tomorrow! Best of luck to you ladies. PCOS will not win! We got this!!!
  • LaurN326
    LaurN326 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have pcos. My starting weight was 317lbs. I got down to 253lbs. Lost a little over 60lbs (with help on weight watchers). This past November I found out that my boyfriend and I are expecting our first child, so I had to put my weight loss on hold.
  • abigale27
    abigale27 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi guys!! I also have pcos, when I use to take metformin I maintained 183lbs for a couple years. Since I had my son who is now 3 and no longer take metformin (on birth control) I've been pretty much stuck at 212lbs, if I do a juice diet I'll go down to 200lbs but once I start back eating, you know the rest. Joined the gym this Monday and trying to do Zumba classes 4 times a week, and not eat rice or flour. Hopefully I lose some.
  • steviejeanwalsh93
    steviejeanwalsh93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had pcos started at 24st14lb got down to 13st 5lb but gained a bit of weight after struggling with depression
    Sw 16 at
    Cw 15st
    Gw 13 st
  • amberbarry1
    amberbarry1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. unmedicated. Just stopped eating so much sugar and carbs. gotta break the PCOS cycle. it gets better after awhile of eating better.

SW: 230
    CW: 189
    GW: 130
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and hypothyroidism. I started at 181lbs (I’m 5’3) and got down to 128lbs last summer after about a year of MFP. Then I moved to Rome and put on 30lbs, and I’m in the process of losing that again and getting to my untimate goal weight of 115-120lbs.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Everyone with PCOS is different. It still comes down to calorie deficits for weight loss. That being said I do low carb (which means 150g or less) and have found when I do not only is weight management easier my symptoms are also less. Exercise is key in helping with weight loss too. Resistance/weight training are also beneficial https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/take-charge-of-polycystic-ovarian-syndrome-with-strength-training
  • jessington180894
    jessington180894 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
  • kdpotter
    kdpotter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. Highest weight 250. I’m down to 180 with a goal of 175. Gastric sleeve surgery 3 years ago and Just started Keto and having success after serious stalls. Taking progesterone which seems to help with energy and Weightloss. I feel great facial hair is still ridiculous though. Best of luck in your journey.
  • eviiem
    eviiem Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Came across this thread im new to trying to figure out how to add people. I have Pcos and doing Low Carb to try help it. Ive done low Carb before and lost a lot of weight and periods regulated felt better. Long story short i hurt my back fell out of plan so back at it again now! Would love to add some people that are along the same lines as myself so if you would be interested in being support buddies or whatever please add
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!