I am ready to give up

Options
I have been doing this for 3 weeks and I have never had as much trouble losing before. I am watching my calories except yest and today. I have worked out every day at least 1 mile to 4 miles. I have done Zumba, Slim in 6, and pilaties. I mix it up every day. I get any where from 8 to 12 glasses of water a day. For the last week I have been 226 or 224 every day. It is not muscle I know I hate strength training. Doing alot of cardio with strength training added. I am tired of being this weight I have been this weight for at lest 2 years and I hate it. I want to get under 200 but can't see why to put all this work in and only yoyo between 226 and 224. HELP!

Replies

• EmmaDillinger
    Options
    it looks like you lost 11 lb in 3 weeks. that's amazing!!!! if you just belive in yourself you will loose
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I didn't start to see any real movement on the scale until I had been at it about a month and a half. And even then it was slow-going for the next month. If you give up you'll never see the under side of 200 - but if you keep at it, and ask for lots of help, and try different things to see what your body responds best to, you will reach your goals in time.
  • Reegirl1787
    Reegirl1787 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Its like the harder I work the less the weight wants to come off. Maybe you need to change your calorie in take. I went from trying to eat 1600 a day to eating 1400 to now eating 1200. And doing strenght training and atleast 30 minutes of cardio daily. No breaks. By changing my calorie in take Ive lost 3lbs in two weeks. Much better then the 4 weeks before when I didn't lose a thing.
  • pippyrlz23
    pippyrlz23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't give up...just keep working at it and the results will come!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    it looks like you lost 11 lb in 3 weeks. that's amazing!!!! if you just belive in yourself you will loose

Oh, good point... if you've lost 11 pounds in three weeks, you're doing a damn good job.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Most of losing weight is diet so it's possible you m ight need to get more strict. Looking at your food diary (I hope you don't mind) I notice you are eating a lot of processed foods and take out foods. I would try to eat more cleanly.. cook your own food if you have the time. Also you don't have sodium listed but I'll bet since it's mostly processed that it's pretty high. You need to make sure you keep your sodium down because that can also cause you to stall.

Don't give up! Just keep going at it and try to adjust your diet a ltitle and I'll bet you'll see the pounds come off again!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Except for the last few days you've been WAY under netting 1200 calories. Set your activity to active and to lose 2 lbs per week, then eat your exercise calories. Your body is holding on to whatever it can because it thinks it's not going to get fed enough.

It's a hard concept to grasp, but you have to put fuel (food/nutrients) into a machine (your body) to make it run efficiently.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I looked a bit at your food diary. cut out the mexican stuff, cut out the bread, and start eating more natural foods (fruits, veggies, fish, skinless chicken, lean beef). I think that will help.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    take your measurements, maybe you are losing inches! The scale hates me too! Keep going, don't give up! :)
  • babydraco269
    Options
    Do all of your measurements. If youre not losing, at the very least, something is changing. I promise. Track your measurements, and you'll see that you are still making progress! Dont give up!
  • summergirlnj
    summergirlnj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dont be so hard on yourself. If you give up you will never reach your goal. Be patient and keep working at it. We all struggle from time to time. Take a breath and keep on going. You are doing great.

I yoyo alot. With women it could be water gain.. watch the sodium and diet soda, caffeine. :)

Good luck.

Dawn
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options

Oh, good point... if you've lost 11 pounds in three weeks, you're doing a damn good job.

Dang right. I've been at it since June 6th and I have lost only one pound! I'm not giving up though!
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Except for the last few days you've been WAY under netting 1200 calories. Set your activity to active and to lose 2 lbs per week, then eat your exercise calories. Your body is holding on to whatever it can because it thinks it's not going to get fed enough.

It's a hard concept to grasp, but you have to put fuel (food/nutrients) into a machine (your body) to make it run efficiently.

This too!
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOO! Don't give in yet. If you must, take a breather then take a day off....but get back in gear and kick its butt.

Take measurements, have you lost any inches? maybe that will boost your spirits. You need to feel better in your clothes, Don't you?

Find something to keep you going..to push past this phase.
  • Dacia24
    Dacia24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Remember.... The scale might trick you..... I am sure EVERYONE has heard this before.... It is so important to measure yourself, you could be losing fat but gaining muscle. Keep with it and I know that you will shed those pounds. Also.... ladies gain muscle before losing fat and guys lose fat before gaining muscle so, just keep that in mind and I bet in the next month or so.... Those pounds will melt off.
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You may not want to hear this, but you may have to try a few things until you find out what works for you. It's very discouraging when you see the scale at a standstill, but just keep it up. You'll find your niche and start to brun those calories and the weight will begin to fall off. Don't give up!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I know it sucks no to see any movement in the scale, but stay consistent and you'll start seeing those numbers go down. Slow and steady wins the race. You're doing great. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    Don't give up! Its a journey, you will have daily struggles but its important to see past those, and if you have a bad day move on from it and make a committment to do more the next day. Also keep in mind that your weight will fluctuate. Try no weighing in every day if you are finding that it discourages you. Take some "before" pictures and in a month take some more, its hard to see changes in ourselves, so if you have that visual reminder, you'll see that your body is changing. That can be a HUGE motivator!

Make sure you are eating enough, and even if your goal isn't to build big muscle, strength training is so important. Adding extra, lean muscle will boost your metabolism, so you burn more calories all day. I've got some extra info I'll send you in a message, since I cant add an attachment here :)

Ashlee
  • ajl2
    ajl2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters. Stay away from processed foods, and eat back your exercise calories. It may sound counter-productive, but if you don't eat them back you will throw your body into starvation mode and your weight loss will come to a screeching halt.
  • ajl2
    ajl2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    oops! Double post.