Anybody in here like muscle cars?

my favorite is a 1970 chevelle ss with the 454!

Replies

• rider797
    rider797 Posts: 52
    I do...love them....but....someone needs to teach them how to take a corner....
  • pdxscarlett
    pdxscarlett Posts: 30 Member
    my favorite car was a 71 Charger. I really miss that car
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    << Nope not at all... lol.....

My favorite and what I want one day is a 68 Camero and a late 70s F150.

What we own is a 71 Charger which will one day get a 440 put in it.
    and an all original numbers matching 72 Dart.

both are still in project phase.
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Yea I'm going to have to agree with ha! When I met my husband he had a 73 chevelle and yes that's what attracted me to him. He said he wanted a 70 but his dad and him built the 73. :)
  • I do...love them....but....someone needs to teach them how to take a corner....

lol well they can you just need to do a whole lot of work for them to do that..
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    I have a 1968 GTO (400/400 numbers matching). It's second only to my kids and boy is it a close second. lol

And yes, that is a Mustang emblem tattoo. My first car was a 68 my dad and I rebuilt together. And before anyone says anything, I feel that unless the Mustang is a Shelby, GT, or fastback, it should be considered a "classic car" not a muscle car.
  • rider797

they will never corner as well as a turner car :(
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    We have a 1970 Challenger and a 1955 Ford.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    When I was working in Ohio in March it was snowing. The car rental place gave me the new shape camaro next to the door cos they didn't want to get cold getting me the car I'd booked. Probably not the best car in the snow. I liked the driving position with the bulge on the bonnet and the heads up display, but man that car was scary going round corners. It just wanted to go straight on. Reminded me why American cars will never sell in Europe.

RB
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    '68 Corvette.
  • I do...love them....but....someone needs to teach them how to take a corner....

oh heck no that is a different type of ride..
  • rider797

yet a turner car can do everything a muscle car can...and more....

uh depends how you look at it tuners are cool and all but there is just something about a muscle car done right that
    will always turn heads..specialy the ladies :smile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    I had a '72 LeMans. It needed some work, but it was a beautiful car.
    I bought it for $350, sold it a few years later to a friend for $99.
    He let the engine block crack.

I should have kept it , but I was just out of school(mid '80s) and had no place to keep it and no money to maintain it.

Today a car in the same condition is about $5,000.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member

That's cause all the old muscle cars were straight line cars and they all did that very well.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member

uh depends how you look at it tuners are cool and all but there is just something about a muscle car done right that
    will always turn heads..specialy the ladies :smile:

I like tuners. They do their thing well but there's just something about Detroit muscle that gets my blood flowing.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member

They're fine as they are,....... not taking up space in the twisties where I'm playing.
  • rider797

They're fine as they are,....... not taking up space in the twisties where I'm playing.

im right there with you :) lets play
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    I live in Reno. This week is Hot August Nights. This place is crawling with Muscle Cars! Awesome.