Hate cooking for one!!

Options
irishemsnurse
irishemsnurse Posts: 1 Member
After so long I still want to cook for an army! Love cooking but hate cooking for one. Easy way to lose weight but not good with intense 2hr gym sessions! Anyone have any simple high protein recipe ideas they want to share?

Replies

• XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    You can always cook and meal prep, save the rest for other meals!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I hardly ever cook for one, if you're going to put in the effort cook several servings and freeze it or eat on it during the week.

A fast high protein single person meal I will make at work sometimes is I crack and scramble 3 eggs in a bowl, and add things to it, and then microwave it in the bowl. I sometimes add things like, cheese, beans, onions,spinach, broccoli, any meat you like, really anything in any combination you like. after it's cooked I'll add some pasta sauce for "pizza eggs" or BBQ sauce, any sauce you like, I ususally add the bbq sauce if I have beans in it. Since it cooks well in the microwave it's quick 3-5 minutes, easy, healthy and high protein and in one dish so easier clean up.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    XxQueenMxX wrote: »

Yes, this helps! I recently went from cooking for a family of 7 (and often others due to extended family) to cooking for 1: just me. I struggled for the first few months, but, everything happens for a reason and my Grandma (94 yrs old) and her caregiver, my 68 year-old Uncle were struggling to find decent meals they both liked and that he had time to both shop for and prepare. I started cooking for all of us, separating things out into containers and trying to make sure the whole week is taken care of.

Solves two problems: my love of cooking and their need of food and we all have food ready to go or in the freezer for future use.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Make big batches and freeze.
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    XxQueenMxX wrote: »

Yes, this helps! I recently went from cooking for a family of 7 (and often others due to extended family) to cooking for 1: just me. I struggled for the first few months, but, everything happens for a reason and my Grandma (94 yrs old) and her caregiver, my 68 year-old Uncle were struggling to find decent meals they both liked and that he had time to both shop for and prepare. I started cooking for all of us, separating things out into containers and trying to make sure the whole week is taken care of.

Solves two problems: my love of cooking and their need of food and we all have food ready to go or in the freezer for future use.

Aww thats great.
  • emilyofmysfamcottage
    emilyofmysfamcottage Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    As mentioned above, meal prep and planning--store or freeze left over portions. If you don't want to cook ahead think about dividing and freezing your protein (chicken, turkey, beef, etc.) into individual portions and cook them when you're ready to use them. Last night I made a serving of honey mustard chicken and steamed brussels sprouts, which could have easily been divided into two meals. For the chicken, 8 oz of chicken breast, a Tbsp of mustard (I prefer the stone ground Dijon, but any mustard should work), a Tbsp of honey, 2 Tbsps of water. Cook the chicken on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Combine the mustard, honey, and water into a small bowl and mix well. Pour that over the chicken and cook until the mixture is reduced and the chicken is done. Serve with your favorite veggie.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I hate cooking too, being for one, or two or three, or a bunch. :s
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    <<< enjoys cooking... hates the clean up! :D

My husband swears the second he finishes cleaning the kitchen it's like a magnet to make me start cooking. He and I were doing dishes the other day and he asked what I was going to do after. I was gonna tell him all of this elaborate food I was going to cook..........but I couldn't keep a straight face.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Grimmerick wrote: »
    <<< enjoys cooking... hates the clean up! :D

My husband swears the second he finishes cleaning the kitchen it's like a magnet to make me start cooking. He and I were doing dishes the other day and he asked what I was going to do after. I was gonna tell him all of this elaborate food I was going to cook..........but I couldn't keep a straight face.

LOL you're evil!

When I'm done cooking, the stove, counter and sink looks like World War III... that's one of the reasons I like to smoke meats outside whenever possible! :p

Same, my husband is always asking, how do you get it on the walls?!?! I'm like MF'er I am cooking like 4 different things at a time trying to get them done at the same time............I don't have time to clean as I go!