Gaining weight. Losing motivation

Options
Hey,

I'm Michelle. I've been using my fitness pal for a while now and have gained a little weight and haven't noticed a difference in my clothes. I went from 165 to 175. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Replies

• HazelGal
    HazelGal Posts: 12
    Options
    Add me! I love to motivate!
  • DarlingDaisy93
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. If you have been excersing, and gaining muscle, you might have put on weight. A good idea is to look at how many inces you've lost since starting, as a better perspective.
  • Laura_D11
    Options
    To Chatabox04,

Have you only been using this website? Because if so it might not be of much help if you don't continue with eating the specific amount of calories given and exercising regularly. Now I'm no health doctor or anything, but I do know a lot about nutrition, what is good for you, and which exercises can help benefit fast results. I'm planning on majoring in nutrition to become a dietician. Feel free to reply!..Hope this helped :)
  • Laura_D11
    Options
    Also what Ewynne1993 said is very true. Try focusing on losing the inches, not so much the pounds.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. If you have been excersing, and gaining muscle, you might have put on weight. A good idea is to look at how many inces you've lost since starting, as a better perspective.

No, 99.99% sure it isn't muscle.

We can't help you if you don't provide details, please do the following:
    1. make diary public
    2. do you track truthfully
    3. explain any and all exercises and activity levels
    4. age/ weight

There's a good place to start.
  • chatabox04
    chatabox04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its open :)
  • chatabox04
    chatabox04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I DO track truthfully

I work front desk at a hotel, so i stand 8 hrs a day. I work out in the evenings. you can view it in my diary.

I am 21, 63 inches tall and weigh 175
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    You are not eating nearly enough. Eat all of your calories. I don't know how many people I have seen on here (including myself) who have lost more by eating more.
  • LupusCruor
    Options
    You are not eating nearly enough. Eat all of your calories. I don't know how many people I have seen on here (including myself) who have lost more by eating more.
    I agree. Even if you work off your calories, you need to eat more. For example, I worked off over 400 calories today going for a brisk walk for an hour with my girlfriend, and that was one whole meal's worth of food. Now, that doesn't mean go out and eat another whole meal, per se, it just means you need to eat a little more to compensate. Try something like some fresh fruits and veggies as a snack after a workout, just to get a little more in you.

Your body can't burn what isnt there as far as energy goes, so just make sure you are eating enough, even a little more once in a while, and keep up with the exercise, and you will see some progress :)