I got clean and sober a year ago, and I’m trying to get fit now

Options
Hey Everyone! Im new to the community and I’m ready to make some changes. I’ve been gradually making them already. I’m a person in long term recovery. I battled addiction for years and now I have been clean and sober for over a year and I’m ready to take some more aggressive action in order to get my weight down. I’ve worked really hard to better myself and my life and this is the next step for me. I’m passionate about self improvement and I know I can conquer this. I would like to create a support system on here to help me achieve my fitness goals. I could use all the help, support, tips/tricks, ideas that I could get. I’m a sponge for knowledge. So if anyone would like to offer their assistance and support it will be well received. Hope to hear from someone :)

Replies

• KaitlynPeri
    KaitlynPeri Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great job :)
  • violetcutie
    violetcutie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your sobriety!! That's something to be very proud of. You can add me if you like :) Have a beautiful day!
  • adhocmaster
    adhocmaster Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :) Good luck! Add me if you like :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I admire what you've achieved so far. Getting fit should be easier--just pick an activity you like and get going. If you need to lose weight--plug your stats into MFP and get a digital food scale. Weigh and measure everything you eat and drink. Stay within your daily calorie goal and you're good. Best.
  • alonzojmiller
    alonzojmiller Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your are living inspiration and I will use some of that as a catalyst in my own journey towards a healthier me. Great going! Feel free to add.
  • Jenna2315
    Jenna2315 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your sobriety!! That is awesome!! Im new so unfortunately I can't give much wisdom on fitness! Lol
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! Good job!!! You can definitely do this! Add me if you'd like ;)
  • LoveThickOrThin
    LoveThickOrThin Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Congratulations! Feel free to add me!
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    *kitten* yeah.
  • beansontoast2014
    beansontoast2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • jrbovee20
    jrbovee20 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Kuddos to you! I k ow the feeling of recovery and wanting to get healthy. Feel free to add me as a fitness friend if you would like.