UA Band and negative calories

Options
I just bought the UA Healthbox yesterday and linked it to UA Record and MFP. I have so far walked 5,000 steps and its saying its -124 calories on MFP. With my Fitbit it says I burned 1,000. Does anyone else have this problem with MFP and the UA Band?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Do you have both linked to MFP?
  • scottsteurer
    scottsteurer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Only the UA Band is linked now.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Okay, so when you saw that Fitbit said 1000 calories. Was that your total calorie burn?
    If so, my guess is that if you had it linked to MFP it would have been taking calories away as well if you had negative adjustments enabled.

The way most trackers work with MFP is to send over it's calorie burn for you as of the last sync. MFP takes that information and breaks down it's estimated calorie burn for you to min/hour to come up with an estimate of what you will burn the rest of the day. It takes this new estimate of what your tracker will say at 11:59 pm and subtracts it's original estimate of what you would burn in a 24 hr period based on your selected activity level. If your estimated tracker burn is less than MFP's estimate, you lose calories. If it's higher, you get calories to eat.

So my guess is that when you synced your UA tracker, it was reporting a calorie burn that was 124 calories less than what MFP predicted you would burn based on your activity level.
  • frankbandura
    frankbandura Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did this ever get resolved? I have just bought a health box and am having exactly the same issue. So much so that I want to send the whole thing back
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Did this ever get resolved? I have just bought a health box and am having exactly the same issue. So much so that I want to send the whole thing back

I've seen only average overall ratings, can I ask why you chose this product?
  • Curt905brown
    Curt905brown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did anyone get an answer on this? I have my MFP set to not very active. I log over 7000 steps most days and always seem to end up with a negative calorie adjustment. I’m sometimes behind a desk but most days on my feet at different construction sites. I even logged over 13000 steps the other day and still had a negative calorie adjustment. If I look at my band at the kcal burned under the steps heading, today I burned 2024 kcals at 6100 steps. MFP in the calorie adjustment says “based on 1558 calories burned as of 8:00pm”. Shouldn’t the match? I have and negative calorie adjustment of -378 calories.
  • lachancegirl
    lachancegirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What’s a UA band?