Any other vegans or vegetarians out there?

Options
Hi, I've been vegetarian for 3 and a half years and vegan for about 2 months now. If anyone ever needs tips on this lifestyle, I do alot of research and I'm happy to help! Or if you have tips or information, feel free to share :) Thanks!

Replies

• Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian (5yrs now), ex-vegan :-)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Great to have you. . . I only eat white meat and very little of it! Mostly vege. . . My brothers wife is a ovo lacto vegetarian. . . I am always looking for new friends that are vegetarian

So much fun to share recipes. . .
  • NancyRoseHeart
    Options
    veggie here :)
  • dddttt
    dddttt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for a couple of years now, but I recently started eating fish (started when I was on a very strict diet for allergies and it was much easier for me to eat fish :()
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I'm veggie :) Was borderline vegan when I fell pregnant but I went back to eating dairy (boo to me I know).

I must say though I seem lately to have formed an allergy to beans (of all kinds) which is not good :( and affecting my intake somewhat. I'm sticking to quorn alternatives while I try and lose weight but would love some easy receipes so maybe we could have a receipe thread if there isn't one already.

Welcome to the board!
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian since my birth, never even touched eggs..
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Just went Vegan in April.
  • Sweetjadedtears
    Options
    I'm a veggie and have been for around 10 years. I eat vegan probaby about 85-90% of the time, and hope to eventually get that up to 100% (it's usually silly things like whey in crackers that slip me up).

I'm also new here, so I hope to see you guys around! :)
  • Saschasamp
    Options
    I've been a strict vegetarian since i was 16 years old (now 36). If it were up to me, I would have been a lot earlier, but my parents made me eat meat because they thought I would miss out on a lot of vitamins and such.
    Hardly meet any overweight vegetarians though....
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i've been a vegetarian since about half way through 10th grade, and i'm a college sophomore now! I try to be as close to vegan as i can get, but it's hard sometimes. I am overweight sadly, my parents call me a walking contradiction......
  • neha_patel
    Options
    I'm a veggie - I have been one my whole life and I can't imagine eating meat .. people always wonder how I survive without meat but they are some many wonderful healthy foods out there that don't contain meat!
  • Stacybum
    Options
    Hi I'm a overweight veggie (who wud have thought it lol) and have not eaten meat/fish for 18 years. I absolutely love cheese! which is my downfall as its really fattening :-( Hope 2 friend other like minded people xxx
  • jananichander84
    Options
    I am a born vegeterian,...
  • charsauce
    Options
    me too! born and raised!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    New vegan as of 3 weeks ago, never even tried being a veggie and it was easy to cut out meat, dairy, eggs, honey, gluten...
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have been an on and off junk food vegetarian for 16 years, and a health food vegan for two months. Watching the movie "Forks Over Knives" changed not only my life, but also my husband's (a ravenous meat-eater), my children's, my sister's, and my niece's. It is now available on DVD and Blue Ray and we received ours in the mail yesterday and watched it a second time. The first time was in a movie theater.

I wish I had come across this information a long time ago. I could have avoided a lot of health issues, not just obesity. I am confident that we will never go back to eating meat, eggs and especially dairy. The statistics and research are compelling. If you get a chance, watch this film. I will be sharing this with all my friends.

And it is nice to see so many new vegans out there.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    was vegetarian on-and-off for years before going vegan in April 2010. :heart: Yay for all the vegetarians and vegans on MFP!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Vegan here (veg and vegan for 20 years now). Feel free to add me - there are a lot of us here :heart:
  • lg0053
    lg0053 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there! Nice to meet you! I have been vegan for 20 years but unfortunately need to lose quite a bit of weight. I have just joined this site so it is all new to me and I was prompted to join by my gp. I have quite high blood pressure with headaches (thought I was invincible being vegan), however my 'mini MOT' at the docs was good last year with low cholestral and no other issues - so guess being vegan has its big advantages! How about you? :happy:
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm not in a place yet where I can call myself vgean or even vegitarian but I'm working towards a more plant based diet and now eat no dairy/eggs/honey and have lean meat or fish 2/3 times a week (although I would like to be vegan in time). I would love to have some like minded friends to share tips an recipes with so please feel free to add me if you want!